Scott elite 29 vs giant anthem x1 29

heed0

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The G2 geometry is what puts me off Trek/Fisher bikes. You can not just change the fork, you will need a G2 fork.

Ja correct, you must make peace with the fact that you will always need a G2 fork, but I like why you need one...bit of thought went into it.

hate to admit it but the Scott looks nicer....and faster...

And is faster... :thumbup:

The Scott........the Giant is a bus

'The G2 geometry is what puts me off Trek/Fisher bikes. You can not just change the fork, you will need a G2 fork. '

I know – tough choice – proprietary technology and dialled...or standard technology and not quite the level of handling you want.

I went with proprietary – with time this is going to become a mute point and all manufacturers eventually gets it right

My technical skills still lack so I went for all the help I can get out of the box.

Which has better suspension setup at the rear end?

Depends on who's doing the tweaking...

The Scott is by far the better bike. And it just looks so much sexier...

Waiting for the 2012 29ers to "roll in"

Anyone care to back up their choice?

And looks are clerly (Hopefully) not the criteria on which a bike is chosen.

Scott looks waaaay nicer, + it has the newish twinloc system which looks pretty cool.

Don't see why you can say components don't matter.

If one bike has better components then you don't need to upgrade it and you can put the money towards something else (on the bike of course.) Usually people choose the components over everything else.

does anybody know the weight of the anthem?

Must admit the Scott has a faster look but beware that triangle looks quite small for a bottle especially on a smaller frame.

I have a large anthem with tubeless tyres and the STD rims etc a carbon bar kcnc post and the heavy alliante saddle and it is just 12 kg on a decent hanging scale

Better rims will shave about 400grams and a saddle another 100 you could get the anthem to 11.5 kg quite easily

It's a great climber and no bother on the twisty bits in Tokai Forrest along the same tt route used in the epic.

But all those bikes are good but I think the giant is best value for money

Loads of anthems in the epic and even for an average rider like me it's good fun

Light enough to bunny hop the

I am running on spez fastraks at less than 2 bar and I'm not the lightest

At the end of the day you still got to peddle the dam thing but you won't be sorry on the giant

Edited by wapad

Scott looks waaaay nicer, + it has the newish twinloc system which looks pretty cool.

Don't see why you can say components don't matter.

If one bike has better components then you don't need to upgrade it and you can put the money towards something else (on the bike of course.) Usually people choose the components over everything else.

the giant is 5k more... hence

Edited by heed0

I ride the Anthem 29er and I am very impressed with the Maestro suspension. It seems to be bottomless, I have never managed to bottom out, even with very low air pressure. Another thing I prefer on the Giant is that the front and rear shock is set independently, and I like to ride with the front open and rear propedal on - I think with the Scott both front and rear is always the same. But then again the Scott has remote lockout shock adjustment on the handlebar which is nice. I don`t like Gary Fisher 29er because of the weird geometry and I think the Giant and Scott is faster. I would guess the Maestro suspension with the Fox RP23 shock on the Giant will be unbeatable, but damn I like the look of that Scott a lot.

Bergbok, the scott has three settings:

Fork and shock unlocked

Fork open and shock locked

Both fork and shock locked.

As you can see the suspension settings pretty much covers any terrain a XC rider might face.

Both bikes look great.

I ride the Anthem 29er and I am very impressed with the Maestro suspension. It seems to be bottomless, I have never managed to bottom out, even with very low air pressure. Another thing I prefer on the Giant is that the front and rear shock is set independently, and I like to ride with the front open and rear propedal on - I think with the Scott both front and rear is always the same. But then again the Scott has remote lockout shock adjustment on the handlebar which is nice. I don`t like Gary Fisher 29er because of the weird geometry and I think the Giant and Scott is faster. I would guess the Maestro suspension with the Fox RP23 shock on the Giant will be unbeatable, but damn I like the look of that Scott a lot.

How is the propedal function? when you stand and pedal, do you get any bobbing?

When you going uphill, do you have to stop first and lock both front and rear suspension?

Edited by heed0