Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

day in and day out, no matter the weather .... the easy speed the roadie commuter carries will be a welcome relief.

Left my slicks on after the Argus and been commuting  and must say it was lovely the way they carry speed but looking out for potholes, nails/screws and thorns is just too much effort!

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid this!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/9c5fcba3894054c5bae53c67dda57cc9/tumblr_nms1ab70rw1tpmgf1o1_400.gif

Avoid this!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/9c5fcba3894054c5bae53c67dda57cc9/tumblr_nms1ab70rw1tpmgf1o1_400.gif

:eek:

Avoid this!

Joh!

Avoid this!

Crazy, looks like a highway/freeway

A truck took my mom out like this once.  Since then she is on a MTB.  Truck drivers do not know the length of the trucks they are in.  And neither does most people (even in their cars)

Edited by François Marais

Been off the bike for three weeks and started again today. Had a seriously scary moment. Was crossing the road at a T junction, light was green for me.

Two taxis comes flying down the right turn lane and hooting, expecting everything in their way to magically disappear. This was after the light had already turned red for them 5 or so seconds earlier. I could easily have been road kill had it not been for a 6th sense kicking in to wait a moment longer.

Been off the bike for three weeks and started again today. Had a seriously scary moment. Was crossing the road at a T junction, light was green for me.

Two taxis comes flying down the right turn lane and hooting, expecting everything in their way to magically disappear. This was after the light had already turned red for them 5 or so seconds earlier. I could easily have been road kill had it not been for a 6th sense kicking in to wait a moment longer.

Eish not nice!

amazing how more in tune your senses are on the bike!

• 3 weeks later...

After turning MTB into a single speed I learnt the only way to cycle now is to find up hills and cruise down. Flats are no fun! Kloofnek you btch!!! 

After turning MTB into a single speed I learnt the only way to cycle now is to find up hills and cruise down. Flats are no fun! Kloofnek you btch!!! 

.....that little bump?

Take a sight seeing tour up through Oranjezicht  to get to Kloofnek,rather than Kloof Rd.Road are quieter and some nice houses up there.See how the other half live.

Take a sight seeing tour up through Oranjezicht  to get to Kloofnek,rather than Kloof Rd.Road are quieter and some nice houses up there.See how the other half live.

Try Bellvue Street! Takes you from Kloof Street to Kloof Nek Road

Try Bellvue Street! Takes you from Kloof Street to Kloof Nek Road

I had a site up on Bellvue .... interesting getting up there with a man bag loaded with files .... and single speed, in mid summer