Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't leave your waterbot on the bike if you pop into a shop in St Georges mall,likely to have a bergie take a sip while you are away.

I hope you told him to keep it.

• 2 weeks later...

Adre, that doesn't last :) Soon you'll end up going further, faster, longer than yesterday :) It's worse if you're on Strava!

So far have commuted by bike the whole of 2013 (ha ha). Learnt something again this morning - NEVER trust the weather in Cape Town. Left home in the sunshine and within 15 minutes got soaked by a rainshower that came out of nowhere.

The best for me is actually looking forward to the trip in and trip home.

my route is 20km 1 way, so it adds up to 40km per day.

All that and not worrying about being stuck in traffics.

A bell does wonders, but some pedestrians are too stupid to realize where the sound is coming from, and when that happens I slow down to a crawl until they notice.

• 4 months later...

I had to repost this one from a different thread, was an awesome view on the commute

http://img3.etsystatic.com/010/4/6427939/il_340x270.419461827_h4vv.jpg

"if your office network blocks, it says : work to ride; ride to work!" :clap:

Already have, it was cold yesterday. Had meetings this arvo, but back on the bike tomorrow.

Although I knew it, I was reminded of the fact yesterday again .... the more traffic on the road (not still standing traffic) the harder I ride. Left for work earlier yesterday and rode in traffic. I ended up motor pacing more than usual. Legs are a bit buggered today.