Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Anyone else in Pretoria notice the heavy increase in traffic since this shafting started? It takes me 30 - 40 minutes with the motorbike to get home in the afternoons now. And that is with lane splitting and driving like a mad man.

CAn't wait till Monday. I am then allowed back on the bike. Need to shed some holiday FAT that I accumilated.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are "fortunate" enough to be on a detour road, so now everyone that wants to skip the two gantries here on the N12 takes a certain offramp and goes past my house which has made it a bloody nightmare. It is now faster for me to get to work and back home via commuting than it is via vehicle. even though i have a Cat 4 climb to cross daily.

Anyone commute from Stellenbosch to Bellville/Dbnville/Brackenfell area? Only thing better than commuting, is commuting with a buddy :w00t:

Edited by Loupie

Anyone else in Pretoria notice the heavy increase in traffic since this shafting started? It takes me 30 - 40 minutes with the motorbike to get home in the afternoons now. And that is with lane splitting and driving like a mad man.

CAn't wait till Monday. I am then allowed back on the bike. Need to shed some holiday FAT that I accumilated.

Not really from my perspective but the roadworks in the CBD and some other places have a ripple effect on the traffic. However I have noticed an increase in the number of burst and overflowing sewerage pipes, which ticks me of as a commuter on a bike.

Don't know if it's due to the eTolls, but the road from Waterkloof high to Nellmapius is absolute chaos. In both directions, it is almost bumper to bumper.

First time back on the bicycle in more than a month.

Was clipped by a BMW arse (White BMW with a reg of ###RUN GP)

So if you are a hubber... You are a dumb idiot. You grey haired pollock!

Ok, so did my first commute for this year on Thursday Afternoon/Friday morning (23/01/14-24/01/14). Afternoon back from work it was hellova hot, but first ride on my roadie (gots it last week for commuting purposes) and did the fastest commute ever without even trying. Happy and all smiles on Thursday. Got up with a smile on Friday morning (I am a morning person luckily), got on the bike and out the door. Was about 15m away from the house when it started pouring (end of Jan rain in Stellenbosch - WHAT???). Anyway, car was in Bellville, 30km away, so I didn't really have a choice so I turned around, got my rain jacket and did the commute and I must say...GREAT commuting in rain in summertime!

Things i've learned from commuting today: when doing 30kph up a hill and your chain snaps, try not to get your foot stuck in the front wheel...

post-19137-1390936262,5941.jpg

Things i've learned from commuting today: when doing 30kph up a hill and your chain snaps, try not to get your foot stuck in the front wheel...

I said it earlier but "OUCH!!!"

Glad you're alright though

Eina! Thats an expensive chain snap! Looks like there is no medical bills to go with all the damage.

Ouch, sorry to see that. that sux, and you just got back onto the bike too. maybe cycling isn't for you, feel free to donate your cycling equipment this way :devil:

Seriously though, glad to see no injuries. hope it gets sorted out soon.

Ouch, foot OK?