Tell-tale signs your spinning instructor is new to cycling

Peloton Piet

That's why I like the spinning class at Gardens VA on wednesday evenings, and occasionally monday mornings. He's a semi-pro cyclist (just come back from student champs in China) and he used to be a student DJ as well. Plus, it's none of this "get out of the saddle and do calf raises while you're pedalling" ***. Just varied resistance, time trialling, intervals, ladder sessions etc...

Donkey :thumbup:

Rides with vaseline in his back pocket so be careful :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Donkey :thumbup:

Rides with vaseline in his back pocket so be careful :D

Don't worry, mate - Vaseline is the tamest thing he has in his back pocket!

He's the best spinning instructor I've seen...

It kills me when they can't match the class to the song.

Don't tell me to go flat out when the song is only 120bpm!

They ask you to remove you freakin seat half way into the class and cycle without it.

Honestly, why do you have a saddle then!!!

He bombs it for the first 15 minutes, then gets off and starts fiddling with his seat, walks around the class checking resistance on everyones bikes except his own.

Then gets back on his bike and pedals at 90rpm at while everyone else is slaving away at level 9.

Ha ha so I see this is a universal problem!

And here I thought it was only the instrustors at my gym that were bat-sh&t crazy!

For me the worst is... Start at an intensity of 6/10 and then they procede to say "half a turn up" about 15 times!

After 3 minutes you at about 180% intensity!!!!

It sometimes get so bad that I sneak out of work early, just so I can avoid some prick wit an IQ of 12 screaming at me for 50 minutes!

Ha ha so I see this is a universal problem!

And here I thought it was only the instrustors at my gym that were bat-sh&t crazy!

For me the worst is... Start at an intensity of 6/10 and then they procede to say "half a turn up" about 15 times!

After 3 minutes you at about 180% intensity!!!!

It sometimes gets so bad that I sneak out of work early, just so I can avoid some prick wit an IQ of 12 screaming at me for 50 minutes!

Don't worry, mate - Vaseline is the tamest thing he has in his back pocket!

He's the best spinning instructor I've seen...

Yeah but these can't be mentioned on a public forum! Ask him about a UCT Paarl training camp and his fluffy cow :)

It sometimes gets so bad that I sneak out of work early, just so I can avoid some prick wit an IQ of 12 screaming at me for 50 minutes!

You shouldn't talk about your boss that way

The instructor that pretends to turn up his resistance to level 8, although it is fairly obvious he/she is free wheeling...

When the spinning class changes from a workout to theraphy session, for example:

1-Imagine yourself taking off and just fly...

2-Today is the first day in the rest of your life...

I use spinning classes to book a bike and for the music...the instuctor might as well not be there. It also helps that there are sometimes nice looking aunties in tight lycra making LP intervals a little more bearable :blush:

I use spinning classes to book a bike and for the music...the instuctor might as well not be there. It also helps that there are sometimes nice looking aunties in tight lycra making LP intervals a little more bearable :blush:

Agree with this post... But the look you get when looking out the windows into the gym... Not so nice. But I pay a lot of money to be there and enjoy it on the spinning bike... Like thinking the pedals are the face of my boss. (or the client I am at now).. Works great! going to have a jol at the gym tonight!

True story -

I once had the misfortune of landing up in Peter de Villier's twin brother's spinning class (at least I'm sure it was his twin judging by his high pitched voice and appearance)....

Walks in as a replacement, armed with long socks, tekkies, ski pants (not cycling shorts) and the trusty headband....

Mr de Villiers then proceeded to start the class with a sprint warm up, yelling in his best high pitched Peter Div, voice... ok, GO GO GO..... only problem is that he had classical instrumental music on....

It was at this point that I whipped out my trusty ipod and enjoyed the "picture" without sound. Looking down as much as i could, i couldnt help notice how Div was bouncing up and down in his saddle like he was taming a young bull, with a look of absolute glee on his face, shouting "Ok GO, GO, GO!"

I needed 90 minutes training so I decided to stay.

After the scheduled 75 minutes, Div sat up and yelled, "Jislaaik it ouens, don't be surprised if I do another 15 minutes hey"....

It was at this point that I chose to exit stage left. Funny now, was not so impressed on that morning.