Tokai trail maintenance: DH lower

(Deon)

So pull in early on the GT and we can have a ride before digging. That way we can work and play in one day. Cap you really need to come dig. Bring that M9 along. I'm keen to take a 2nd look there.

done! I'm still a bit of a wussy on the thing, but would like to give her a go!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least we get to ride what we want cos we are gonna build it. No whining about the trails if you had a chance to have your say but didnt bother turning up.

Hey surfer, sorry we did not see you at the last XC track repair, but rest assured there will be more in the very near future.

Just so it is out there, all the trails are undergoing repair/redesign.. we obviously have to start with the most urgent projects first and any inspection of the current state of the DH, will offer more understanding than I can put in words.

PS, don't be surprised when you do join in, to find that you are rubbing shoulders with downhillers repairing the XC track.. Nice bunch of guys they are!! - It is one sport after all. ;)

Cheers.

:thumbup:

FINALLY, see u on sat!

Guest Omega Man

done! I'm still a bit of a wussy on the thing, but would like to give her a go!

Change of plan. We shuttling Paarl from 8 till 11 and will be at the build from 12. You welcome to come do runs at Paarl till 11.

Change of plan. We shuttling Paarl from 8 till 11 and will be at the build from 12. You welcome to come do runs at Paarl till 11.

Whew, glad you are still doing the shuttle, was feeling quite flam about organising the build on your day.. sry bout that btw..

More DH trail maintenance ? That's two in a row now! Will help out when XC trails are eventually upgraded.

Hey surfer, I knew I'd seen you other post somewhere before. You were drooling over the Reign.

I HAVE to let you know, if you were ever thinking of getting one of these, then you really should be putting your time in for good karma on the trails now, coz with that bike you can ride ALL the trails, DH incl.

So we see you at 12?

lekker... gives me time to peruse the specials at the CWC opening day and get some DS practice in before Sunday.

Okay guys, I will be the first to apologise for not making it today. Some local nazis (Germs) decided to take residence in my system, and I was hucking up phlegm all night and day. Suffice to say that I didn't get much sleep last night, and I don't know how tonight is going to pan out.

Please feel free to give me a snotklap next time you see me, in lieu of the useless excuse that I have given. I can only hope that there were enough peeps to do some good work there.

Okay guys, I will be the first to apologise for not making it today. Some local nazis (Germs) decided to take residence in my system, and I was hucking up phlegm all night and day. Suffice to say that I didn't get much sleep last night, and I don't know how tonight is going to pan out. Please feel free to give me a snotklap next time you see me, in lieu of the useless excuse that I have given. I can only hope that there were enough peeps to do some good work there.

And i will be the second to apologise for missing the build day. Was at work in stellenbosch till 5 pm. Will try be there next time.

All good guys. 1st day done..

Essentially this is being regarded as a new track, so we have cut the trail back to the foundation. You will see it is looking very 'sterile' but don't worry, 'virility' is on its way.

There will be a day for planning. I suggest anyone with a bit of flexibility in their day job, who is interested in DH, join us to walk the course and listen/suggest features you would like to be riding. Remember though, this is not destined to be a huck-fest but rather provide the maximum enjoyment of an otherwise very straight line downhill.

A few corners need to be included, but to not steal any speed, I am going to suggest putting these higher up where there is still enough slope to regain momentum without much effort.