Show us your pets

tunariaan

Okay. . I need some serious advice. . We are getting 2 new kittens..now LUCY CAT as I have mentioned before owns our house.. I have preparing for the new arrivals.. and I also got Lucy cat a new house to sleep in.. and hers is bigger than the ones I got the kittens.. she is refusing it..and she must know something is up.. cause she is acting out a little.. now to help you let understand Lucy.. this is more stressful than when I was pregnant with my 2e child and I am more worried about how and if Lucy will accept the new kittens, than I was about my eldest having to deal with a new sibling .. any advice?

And don't go an make fun of me.. you don't know Lucy[emoji23] [emoji23]

Hi Gen,

We went through this a while back with our cats. When you first get the kittens, keep them in a seperate room for a couple of days. Lucy will smell them and will start to get use to them. Then slowly start introducing them to each other.

Make a part of the house, or a room, Lucy's room, and keep the kittens out of there. This will be Lucy's place that she can retreat to if she feels uncomfortable. Cats are teritorial to secure their food. As long as Lucy realises that the kittens are not a threat to her food source, this will also make her more relaxed, so maybe get her some treats.

Any other questions, drop me a PM.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gen,

We went through this a while back with our cats. When you first get the kittens, keep them in a seperate room for a couple of days. Lucy will smell them and will start to get use to them. Then slowly start introducing them to each other.

Make a part of the house, or a room, Lucy's room, and keep the kittens out of there. This will be Lucy's place that she can retreat to if she feels uncomfortable. Cats are teritorial to secure their food. As long as Lucy realises that the kittens are not a threat to her food source, this will also make her more relaxed, so maybe get her some treats.

Cool thx.. I will Def do that.. who knew this would be so stressful lol

Famous dad on the our bitch side.

Google Astor von Junipera

I must say I have a bit of fear of Rotties  - don't know why. but I do love this pic. 

Hi Gen,

Good advice that!

Hi Gen

Your Lucy sounds like she could be related to our Polly, the cat with a poltergeist. She is seriously grumpy and simply hates everyone, cat, dog, human, whatever, equally, and makes her displeasure known. We have introduced 2 other kittens to the household while we had her. No matter what we did, she sulked, fought, bullied, ran away, hid in the closet and much more. For about a month we had lots of hissing and spitting, but eventually she accepted the others and although they will never be best of friends, they do get along. Strangely, whenever we take one of the others to the vet, Polly gets uptight with it when it gets back home, even if it was away for just an hour. I often wondered if it was the smell of the vet practice? Cats can be weird!

Edited by DJR

Tigger looking quite relaxed yesterday.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/Fruitloop80/DSC_0600a_zps6xuyqv8s.jpg

Beautiful kitty

Hi Gen

Your Lucy sounds like she could be related to our Polly, the cat with a poltergeist. She is seriously grumpy and simply hates everyone, cat, dog, human, whatever, equally, and makes her displeasure known. We have introduced 2 other kittens to the household while we had her. No matter what we did, she sulked, fought, bullied, ran away, hid in the closet and much more. For about a month we had lots of hissing and spitting, but eventually she accepted the others and although they will never be best of friends, they do get along. Strangely, whenever we take one of the others to the vet, Polly gets uptight with it when it gets back home, even if it was away for just an hour. I often wondered if it was the smell of the vet practice? Cats can be weird!

Ja

She is an odd one..

everyone knows we are just guests in her house.

Actually come to think of it.. she just loves who ever has a fleece blanket or who ever will get her a fleece blanket. And she goes and stands in front of the basket of blankets and asks (demands) someone fetch her a fleece blanket.

She is cool though.. very lovable toward my eldest son and me (probably because I am very obedient )

Any case.. these are the two kitties we will be getting.. (another months wait) the white one and the grey one)

b001ded16fbeda01d01d11f9e56c0bf0.jpg

793cdf64956dc519f09ea6be26d6d4b2.jpg

I think it's good that you're taking two of them, so that neither of them will be lonely. When I got Tigs, there was a female in the litter, who was also a Tabby - I wish I had taken her as well. Although Tigs does have the neighbours kitties to keep him company.