Show us your pets

tunariaan

Yip my 2 also dont like the sea...I think its the waves that freaks them out, because they are fine with jumping in lakes & rivers to swim. They are getting ready for their annual xmas beach holiday to PE next week. :clap:

Thanks man, makes me feel a bit better. We took our oldest one to the beach when he was 7 weeks old so thought perhaps we had scared him off or something.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pic of my "training partner", Motorman. Think he is the only guy slower than me.post-48987-0-39493100-1386237073_thumb.jpg

How are you able to keep him? n I thought it was illegal?

Bit of an odd question but does anybody have dogs that are afraid of the sea?

Our basset is so scared when we try to take him to the beach, we also stopped trying as he seems to struggle with leg pain after walking on the soft sand.

My staffie LOATHES water....and by extension the sea. He loves the sand and the running around though. The pitbull.....well she's just plain hyper and anything excites her

Staffie fell into the pool when he was a pup....so i sort of understand it. Picture this.......i let pup out the evening, and he runs to other side of pool (where the grass is).....and i give him a bit of time then call him to come in.....He turns around without thinking and runs for the shortest route for the door, unfortunately there happens to be a swimming pool in the way...and he goes straight in and straight to the bottom. I had to jump in, in the middle of winter (10 at night) to fish him out.

To this day (hes now 8)....he runs away whenever we're in the pool....hates getting a bath.....even hates the rain.

Prepare for more damage... Lovely dogs and I love mine. Clever, cuuuurious, mishievous and sooo loving. And JEALOUS! Enjoy!

Anniversary of her "lazarus" week - week after Burger last year she spent at the vet, ended up skin up bone and we were preparing for the worst - and then fortunately she turned it around. Soooo horrible to have seen her hardly able to lift her head, not eating, drinking... think I aged a lot in that week. And look at her now! :clap:

Some advice again please.

Our younger basset is going in to be neutered and when we have tried seperating him from the bigger one he yelps terribly intil we get them back together. Obviously big brother cant go with for the procedure so whats the best way to split them up the morning of the procedure?

Our younger basset is going in to be neutered and when we have tried seperating him from the bigger one he yelps terribly intil we get them back together. Obviously big brother cant go with for the procedure so whats the best way to split them up the morning of the procedure?

Feed him just as you're about to leave the house with the vet-bound dog? It'll distract him a bit.

Prepare for more damage... Lovely dogs and I love mine. Clever, cuuuurious, mishievous and sooo loving. And JEALOUS! Enjoy!

Bracing for it. But loving him to bits!

Anniversary of her "lazarus" week - week after Burger last year she spent at the vet, ended up skin up bone and we were preparing for the worst - and then fortunately she turned it around. Soooo horrible to have seen her hardly able to lift her head, not eating, drinking... think I aged a lot in that week. And look at her now! :clap:

She's beautiful :wub:

But those eyes! You could never get cross with them!

Exactly. Those eyes do more damage than his claws & teeth combined...

LOL, bassets are special fur babies. Mine don't like being separated either. They will howl for a while - both of them...that's just what bassets do! Best thing is to keep a human with each basset for a while & just give them love to distract them. They will give you their very best sad basset face until they are back together. If they like rawhide bones, give the big brother one to keep him busy at home, hopefully it will distract him from howling & annoying the neighbours. Unfortunately the little one will be howling all the way to the vet & will probably set off all the other doggies in the hospital as well. On the up side, the vet will be eager to shut him up & will probably do his op first! :clap:

Ask your vet if its Ok to give him a herbal calming tablet/drops before you take him, it may help.

Take a photo of the sad faces for us!! :wub:

LOL, bassets are special fur babies. Mine don't like being separated either. They will howl for a while - both of them...that's just what bassets do! Best thing is to keep a human with each basset for a while & just give them love to distract them. They will give you their very best sad basset face until they are back together. If they like rawhide bones, give the big brother one to keep him busy at home, hopefully it will distract him from howling & annoying the neighbours. Unfortunately the little one will be howling all the way to the vet & will probably set off all the other doggies in the hospital as well. On the up side, the vet will be eager to shut him up & will probably do his op first! :clap:

Ask your vet if its Ok to give him a herbal calming tablet/drops before you take him, it may help.

Take a photo of the sad faces for us!! :wub:

Sad face? That's basically everyday, all day then.

I will be working so my wife will be alone with the dogs, The big one is pretty mellow and should settle down, he was alone for a year. The younger one is a howler of note so I think the vet will be utter chaos when he arrives!!

Thanks for the advice guys.