CSA Refutes Baseless Rumours

Tumbleweed

:clap:

Eventually someone with balls.

I would love to hear all of it though, seems like our contributions have gone a long way in funding some lavish lifestyles.

If we assume that people at the top refers to who else appears on the CSA letterhead i.e.

Greg Till (President), William Newman (Vice President), Mark Bradley (Financial Trustee), Ernst van Dyk (Rider Representative), Thokozile Mhlanga (Additional Trustee), Margot Gerber (BMX), Andrew Nicholson (MTB), Hendrik Lemmer (Road), Corne Bence (Track), Mike Burns (Paracycling), Roger Bouton (Transformation & Development), Louis Rossouw (Technical), David Bellairs (Recreational)

who is next to show some balls or will his resignation become the glue to keep the remainder together ?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is quite sad that Hendrik has resigned.

I met him at the TdBoland - volunteered to help in the setting up and driving backup - and he was jacked on getting the event up and running and always had something that he wanted to improve as the days went on. :thumbup:

I do hope he remains in the cycling fraternity, even if it is as an outside entity keeping CSA in check. I agree with him - too many higher up people with no idea of what it is that they are supposed to be doing and just rolling out their own agenda. That, and with no one to keep the guys in check and accountable. :thumbdown:

The TdB is doing it right - it started small, and it gets bigger and better every year. That's how you get a event going - not like the Tour of SA, that started with a budget 5 times (!!!) bigger than the Giro, and then after a year it's dead again.

I would think that CSA would be a very hard organisation to fleece. The membership has many people that are highly skilled and love complaining. Would they really be so stupid(dare i ask)?

On the flip side may mr grootlemmer enjoy his day with more hours to go riding now.

The short answer, YES.

I never thought I'd say this, but..... race organisers always charged the day license fee, but it's only the last couple of years that the CSA got their ducks in a row, and started gathering that money that was owed to them. So for years a whole bunch of organiser got away with charging day licenses at then pocketing the money. So that's not quite (fully) the CSA's fault

Well you did....

What. Because They could not get their 'ducks in a row'?!

For three flippen years I paid, got NO acknowledgment or card, despite MUCH bitchin', and still had to 'fight' the day licence issue at some races.

When they finally got their A into G I got a card that lasted 3 months. Then had to start again. Now they email something, that I must print on paper!

While the cost et al is not a BIG issue I would like to know WHAT the monies do?

Edited by The Drongo

While the cost et al is not a BIG issue I would like to know WHAT the monies do?

To you and me and every other individual it's a small amount, over numbers is becomes a rather wealthy orgnisation, so (as you said) where did the monies go to ?

The whole membership thing was a disaster for one simple reason. Politics. Certain factions wanted to go with one system (cause one of them was a director of that company). The system that was chosen, was far from ideal, but it made it nearly impossible for people to steal money - so certain provinces simply refused to use it.

If we assume that people at the top refers to who else appears on the CSA letterhead i.e.

Greg Till Charles Dickens (President),....

Fixed :thumbup:

Seriously, anyone who saw that interview after the TOSA, cannot but see the ineptness that must run through CSA, if that is the head.

FFS! Anyone got a vid of that? This time we make a partner channel on youtube, Will be a hit.

Edited by TNT1

And still all of you have voted for them. Viva democracy, Viva.

Unpossible. It is many years since I've had a license, or indeed been a member of a cycling club

:unsure: Eh?

I mean don't complain if the shirt hits the fan. They were elected fair, okay who knows, and square.

Wow - thats going to cause a storm!!

On the contrary I think this is going to be met with braod relief across the CSA. Now they can go back to sticking their heads in the sand safely away from info being shared with the public...

I have been a rider with a license since the middle 90's and never, ever been impressed by SACF/CSA. My impression has always been one of power and self importance over the interests of the riders.

There are exceptions and my apologies if you fall into this category but I measure the organisation as a whole and as a whole they fall WAAAAY short of being an entity that I feel has my best interests as a rider at heart.

Ja indeed a sad day for SA cycling. Hendrik is one of the few okes who tried to do something but without enough support. I can recall a few years ago, only about 2 or 3 years we had a few people on the Hub bad mouthing Sylvia Dale about money been misused ect ect.

Sylvia won her case with cost in court. The CSA at that stage were financially strong with road teams going abroad and track teams coming to SA every year.I believed that CSA had no bond on their office / house in Table View. So they got rid of Sylvia and what is the end result:

1. I believe that they now have a bond on the property in Table View.

2. Hardly any teams representing CSA abroad.

3. No more Tri Nations for the track cyclist.

I can go on and on. CSA is only going one way and that is down. They did not even had the guts to announce that they were wrong and that they lost the case. They had to pay Sylvia plenty , money that could have been used for the benefit of the cyclist.

We lost Sylvia and now she has a great big job at SA Gymnastics. So sad that those who worked her out does not have the balls to say YES we were wrong.

Edited by Chris Willemse

Heard a story yesterday about how utterly corrupt some of the Developmental clubs are, that get money from the Lotto. S-C-A-R-Y.

One development club was given around 2 million to develop their riders. Go to a highly respected bikeshop to order ALLOT of bikes and kit, around R200k worth. Club/Government guy tells shop owner. Ok, eish, bill is R200k. Now you (shop owner) bill us for R400k, and we split the difference. Shop owner would have none of it, huge respect. The son of the government oke now rides a R25k full Carbon Merida MTB with XX parts, etc. In their heads its not corruption, its just a way to make money.

Gravy train, lekker man!

I mean don't complain if the shirt hits the fan. They were elected fair, okay who knows, and square.

By Eh? :unsure: I meant, I didn't vote for anyone. Unless buying a membership buys someone a vote. :blink:

By Eh? :unsure: I meant, I didn't vote for anyone. Unless buying a membership buys someone a vote. :blink:

If you belong to a club, you need to vote. If you do not vote for you candidate, the opposition automatically have one up. So if you voted for this person, it's your fault. If you did not vote for anybody, it's also your fault.