CSA Refutes Baseless Rumours

Tumbleweed

Naplam. Gail my have taken the money but is paying it back so no more with the swimming pool comments.

I'm assuming you're talking to me - so here goes. She's paying back the money? Woopdeedoo. If I'm not mistaken there's no interest being charged. Nice - I wish I had a bank like that. Then, the real question is - why did Il Duce not want to press charges against her? Only after immense pressure from certain people within the CSA did they actively pursue the possibility of getting the money back. To the best of my knowledge they still haven't laid charges against her. Nice corporate governance right there.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you mean?

They do not have the balls to care?

or

They do not have the balls to complain?

You can't understand how a process works if the process is not transparent, the websites don't work and neither do phonecalls.

Of course cyclists are the first to complain. It is CSA - CYCLING South Africa...who else is going to complain. The national jukskei team ?

Thanx

Charges were laid but it was decided that it would be better to get the money back than just writing it off, as for the interest i can nor answer that one.

CSA had nothing to do with it, as people in glass houses can not throw stones!!!!

I would like to understand your post better as I think it contains interesting information. But as a layman what do all the abbreviations refer to, (TOA, MANFIN,) and who is the CEO.

As for voting, I dont think the average rider even knows he can vote, certainly I have never been told about it, and even if he knows he can vote, how would he know who is standing.?

When someone is expected to vote for a person I would expect a prospectus be sent out to all elegible voters tabling those standing for election, I would expect to be able to find basic information like their names, their back round, their qualifications and a brief description of what they hope to do for the basic Joe Public cyclist,- or at least that's how its done in most organisations I have been involved with.

Certainly I have never seen anything like this, and I would be interested to see who has, perhaps someone here better than me can set up a poll to ask, "Who has actually ever been sent a prospectus of candidates?."

Its all very well to say, "Go vote" but where, for who, when, how, as a layman I am unaware of the mechanisms and I am pretty sure their are many others in the same boat.

+1 :thumbup:

So, do we as a collective not pay subs to CSA and tell them to get stuffed? Secondly, how does this person that stole all this money suddenly get another job so soon, or am I completly wrong with my assumption that they get rewarded with another position.

I could be mistaken, but here is how voting probably works.

As a club member you can attend your club's AGM and vote for a comittee. That comittee would then have representation on the Provincial body.

At the Provincial level, the various club representatives would vot for the provincial comittee.

The Provincial comittee then selects representatives for CSA positions and vote for them.

So as an individual, very little influence ultimately on the outcome. And like most bodies, the people on the comittees are usually the 1 or 2 people willing to be involved. 90% of the riders couldn't care.

How many cyclists out there actually attend their club AGM ?

So in the end, probably a few bullies at the Provincial level, bully others into voting for their "chosen" representative.

Now I could have this all wrong ???????????

So, do we as a collective not pay subs to CSA and tell them to get stuffed?

That is is my intended course of action from next year. If it means that I don't race anymore then that is fine with me.

However many cyclists are "obsessed" with competition and comparing themselves with their friends/rivals so they will not want to miss out on races.

So unless a miracle happens and all cyclists switch off their apathy button nothing will change.

As a club member you can attend your club's AGM and vote for a comittee. That comittee would then have representation on the Provincial body.

At the Provincial level, the various club representatives would vot for the provincial comittee.

The Provincial comittee then selects representatives for CSA positions and vote for them.

So as an individual, very little influence ultimately on the outcome. And like most bodies, the people on the comittees are usually the 1 or 2 people willing to be involved. 90% of the riders couldn't care.

So in the end, probably a few bullies at the Provincial level, bully others into voting for their "chosen" representative.

That is how it should work in a perfect world, being a club member means you may have to sacrifice your precious race time to help with the organising. It has been a while since I did just that as there are not that many races north of South Africa. The old adage was that if you serve on the committee of a club you stop cycling. Not many cyclists nowadays care to belong to a club and even less will get involved in management. I wonder how many of the posters above ever was involved. They are not really qualified to comment on this issue.

roughly 100% correct

That is how it should work in a perfect world, being a club member means you may have to sacrifice your precious race time to help with the organising. It has been a while since I did just that as there are not that many races north of South Africa. The old adage was that if you serve on the committee of a club you stop cycling. Not many cyclists nowadays care to belong to a club and even less will get involved in management. I wonder how many of the posters above ever was involved. They are not really qualified to comment on this issue.

On the contrary my good man, I think anyone that is a member of CSA is qualified to comment. Same same as government. It also seems that the people in charge are not qualified to govern either.

On the contrary my good man, I think anyone that is a member of CSA is qualified to comment. Same same as government. It also seems that the people in charge are not qualified to govern either.

Even if they just complain without exercising their constitutional rights? - I call them "draadsitters"!

Edited by eccentric1

Voting not as simplistic as one would think in provinces.CGC for instance the bigger clubs outvote many a small club proposal if it does not suit them,example Cycle lab and MTN clubs votes together outweigh at least another 12 small clubs votes. (For every 100 members registered they receive a vote)

Some race organizers take advantage of the in fighting within CSA and provinces as they walk away smiling with all the race profits not the hosting club or province. Except for Cape Argus and Kremetart races what does the other race organizers give back to the provincial bodies/clubs from their profits. It is easy to show openly what expenses they incur for an event yet none has the balls to show the income they derive from hosting such an event, or the net profit after the dust has settled

Hendrik started scratching where no one wanted him to hence the problems started to arise. I thought Hendrik Ciska and Barry were on the right track to getting CSA where it should be for the cyclist interest, sadly the cracks are appearing