CSA Refutes Baseless Rumours

Tumbleweed

Hendrik started scratching where no one wanted him to hence the problems started to arise. I thought Hendrik Ciska and Barry were on the right track to getting CSA where it should be for the cyclist interest, sadly the cracks are appearing

So he just had to shutup about the theft in CGC? Or the 350k missing in Gauteng North? It's exactly those kind of people the sport needs to get rid of the scum.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a case of being like ostriches......lets just stick our heads in the sand and all the problems will go away.

Why should cyclists sit by while officials steal the cyclists' money ?????

I can't say too much as I don't belong to a club or to CSA for the very reasons above. I receive no value from them, and the few races I ride, if I have to pay a day license I do. Funny, more often than not, I don't even get asked.

So he just had to shutup about the theft in CGC? Or the 350k missing in Gauteng North? It's exactly those kind of people the sport needs to get rid of the scum.

Yoh :o

You know things we don't .

sadly - CSA is frought with politics and thus will never really progress. Not a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing but more like the left hand trying to cut of the right hand and vica versa

I could be mistaken, but here is how voting probably works.

As a club member you can attend your club's AGM and vote for a comittee. That comittee would then have representation on the Provincial body.

At the Provincial level, the various club representatives would vot for the provincial comittee.

The Provincial comittee then selects representatives for CSA positions and vote for them.

So as an individual, very little influence ultimately on the outcome. And like most bodies, the people on the comittees are usually the 1 or 2 people willing to be involved. 90% of the riders couldn't care.

How many cyclists out there actually attend their club AGM ?

So in the end, probably a few bullies at the Provincial level, bully others into voting for their "chosen" representative.

Now I could have this all wrong ???????????

Seems you are right. Few people appear to know any better anyway.

Well you made a gross understatement, because as an individual you have NO influence over who represents you. So why on earth should I waste my time and go to my clubs AGM when my vote means nothing. I can vote for Piet, but how do I know who Piet will vote for, are his objectives the same as mine, I dont know, so literally I am voting in the dark. No wonder 90% of the riders dont care, its not an inclusive process. In my opinion this process just re-enforces "an old boys club" because its simply (legally) manipulating the process to favour a few.

So yeah, I wont be bothering to vote, but I will with hold my fees as a norm.

And by withholding fee, you(we) are not just withholding the R75 that goes to CSA, it is

Club R400-450, CGC R75, CSA R75. So for R550 - R600 that is a whole lot of day licenses before break even is achieved, although after about two races you are starting to give CSA more money than by paying the R75 CSA affiliation fee, although it is still a bit cheaper than the whole club/province/csa structured fees.

yeah, I know about ROAG @ R50 + R75(CGC - not all provinces) + R75 (CSA), but that is still R200!

Sorry bud, I must be having a dull moment :D as I dont understand what you mean.?

On the other side of the coin; sometimes people in positions that volunteer their services find themselves thinking that they may be better off pursuing careers as events organisers or consultants to such. A logical career path is to resign from the "volunteer role" and exploit the gaps that you identified during your position in office to make money from the system. "Watch this space"

We call on LONESTAR - please oh please come back!

I wonder how many on the board remember the supersport board and lonestar.

He did rile Silvia didn't he?

If I remember correctly they even threatened to lay charges with the police against him.

Just saying that it takes more than two races for day license fees to be more than the cost to belong to CSA(which cannot be done, other than to belong to a club, and a province)

That said, it takes just more than two day licenses to enrich CSA MORE than to belong to a club...

Oh, okay, I get ya now. Sure, but that's not the point really. By paying a day license I am only paying for my use and its still a voice of protest as CSA cant budget on my money, obviously because they dont even know if I will race, so I look at it as a sort of cycling toll. :D

Anyway, bicycle racing holds no real interest for me anymore and I probably only do two rides / races a year anyway where I am asked to pay a day license, next year it may only be one, or none, who knows, depends on my mood. :D

In any event if you really want to race theres quite a few around that dont have any affiliation to CSA, you enter on the day, go ride, get a medal, get a cooldrink (with complimentary bee inside :) ) and go home. Apart from timing (which is immaterial to me) its not too differant to when I pay for a day license race.

would it be asking too much of the ex road director to actually list the bad decisions made by management (of which he was part) and the amount of money each of these decisions cost?

Darren Lill was not to complementary about CSA on SC tonight.

Edit s/b Daryl Impey. :blush:

Edited by scotty

Darren Lill was not to complementary about CSA on SC tonight.

I missed that. Daryl Impey didn't have anything good to say either.