CSA Refutes Baseless Rumours

Tumbleweed

Dudes, unfortunately it is not only cycling. KZN Athletics is also reported to be broke with possible/probable criminal charges against some staff and to add the cherry on top the KZN President is still able to run for a position at ASA.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you belong to a club, you need to vote. If you do not vote for you candidate, the opposition automatically have one up. So if you voted for this person, it's your fault. If you did not vote for anybody, it's also your fault.

This is the reason I don't belong to CLUBS if I can help it. Friggin POLITICS.

Now excuse me for being obtuse.

Lemme get this straight. I belong to CLUB ROAG. ('cause they charge peanuts, are jacked up, and deliver on what they say. I get a 1 to 2 email a month update. Their site works and doesn't was 120 minutes of my time. You can pay they EFT, etc. etc. etc.)

I do not recall ever being asked to vote. Does that mean they automatically vote for me, or that my potential vote is lost to some idiot.

If I were to vote, who do I vote for - Lance Armstrong?

I know who Burry is. I know who Evan is :D .... but I don't watch Supersport cycling or buy overpriced Cycling mags; that encourage me to smell the cow poo, or strengthen my abs so that I can "Beat Burry in just 7 days."

So how the hell do I know who to vote for?

Hell. I vote, it's my fault. I don't vote, it's my fault. You should be a bloody politician.

Here's my vote. THIS YEAR COMING CSA CAN TAKE A RUNNING JUMP.

I know nothing about CSA and cycling politics, but I was interested to read Mr Lemmer mentioned he did all this work Voluntarily.

Now to me that means he was not paid nor was he on the company payroll.?

Would I be right in saying this.?

Surely not, who works for free.? Certainly no-one I know. Perhaps that's the problem, why should good experienced people not be remunerated for their time and expertise.

I know nothing about CSA and cycling politics, but I was interested to read Mr Lemmer mentioned he did all this work Voluntarily.

Now to me that means he was not paid nor was he on the company payroll.?

Would I be right in saying this.?

Surely not, who works for free.? Certainly no-one I know. Perhaps that's the problem, why should good experienced people not be remunerated for their time and expertise.

You're correct. Baring a few admin people and the CEO, all positions are volunteer. No pay.

Dudes, unfortunately it is not only cycling. KZN Athletics is also reported to be broke with possible/probable criminal charges against some staff and to add the cherry on top the KZN President is still able to run for a position at ASA.

SO WHY THE HELL DO WE PAY THEM MONEY THEN? Is it a HERD Thing?

If every (or even 80%) of cyclists said "screw you" (unless we know EXACTLY where these amounts go) where would they stand? People need to stand up more dammit. Taking it on the chin is ok. But getting kicked in the nuts to boot is NOT ON.

Let me let you in on a little "mission" I had with P*** & P** I had a few years back.

With the death of the 1c piece (closely followed by the 2c piece) and the R29.99c or R29.95c issue, I suddenly found that after ringing up at (same store) I was frequently not being handed my 5c change. "Eish' sorri. Nuthing 5c." (try hold up a queue whilst fighting for 5c <_< !)

Not that I am Jewish (no offence Chubba), but I have principles, and I was buggered if Ronald* was going to receive 5c x 5000+pax per day, just because HE believed the 5c piece was now dead.

And so followed about 14 months worth of emails, phonecalls and ranting (I was not alone), in order to ensure that (A) 5c pieces were ALWAYS available at (same store), or else the product is rounded down to the nearest rand. (B.) (-as a compromise based on some silly argument) That a drop slot be provided at each till in order for the customer to decide what to do with the 5c change. This then goes to charity.

I no longer shop at P*** & P**, but that is another story.

As Dangle said. 5c might not mean a lot to an individual. But compounded by the day, hour, week and month, it very shortly allows the recipient of the grand total a holiday in the Grand Caymans.

*some names have been changed to protect the stupid, and the innocent.

You're correct. Baring a few admin people and the CEO, all positions are volunteer. No pay.

Yeah, okay, then to me I cant see why anyone would want to get involved and devote time, effort and experience if theres no incentive, you simply cannot run a professional business like that.

Yeah, okay, then to me I cant see why anyone would want to get involved and devote time, effort and experience if theres no incentive, you simply cannot run a professional business like that.

For sure. I am not implying that the money is going to personal pockets, but as Mnr. Lemmer says "...where no questions may be asked if millions of Rands of cyclists money are being lost by poor decisions and management."

My Q? is. What are these funds SUPPOSED to be used for?

Dear

I really cannot be part of an organization where no questions may be asked if millions of Rands of cyclists money are being lost by poor decisions and management. I don’t agree with this and hereby resign from all positions in cycling with immediate effect. Thanks everyone for the 3 years in which we improved on a number of things, but unfortunately also bankrupted the organization with the ...result that our riders are not getting what they deserve. I was asked to resign a while ago due to the fact that I dare to criticize the organization in the social media. I can no longer be silent and see this sport being ruined by a few people at the top.

It is also clear that CyclingSA does not have the political will to improve safety aspects of road racing in this country. It is only a matter of time before riders will get killed in races under our jurisdiction and I cannot be part of that.

It is not fair to my family that I spend hours a day as a volunteer where the only reward is constant criticism and negativity.

Kind regards

Hendrik Lemmer

Vet oom Hendrik??? Sorry dis al hoe ek hom ken :blush:

I dont think cycling in SA is going down the drain. When was it at a high to begin with? Cycling only started growing and get noticed as a sport here a couple of years ago (mabe 4 or 5, correct me if im wrong). We can hardly call it going down the drain. Its better to refer to it as not getting anywhere soon...........