Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway back to the point You can make personal statements about me after you have spent the time to get to know me.

End of ranting....

I have not met you personally, so no. I am going by your posts and your vehement defense of the habit.

Sorry if you feel offended as your avatar offends me, Knersis was a hero to kids, a character created for kids, to enjoy, so perhaps we are in the same river (of offense) but rocking in different boats ;)

Just a side, what do you actually enjoy, it sound like a shlep to me, having extractors installed, eating mints before going in to a meeting, having to go out in the freezing cold in winter, ending up with possible emphysema , getting anxious when the cravings become too strong, getting a permanent yellow stain on your fingers, aging prematurely with wrinkles resembling a topographic map and the list goes on, but hey, to some............IT LOOKS COOL and makes a statement and it also separates me from the boring non smokers, I am not sure besides becoming addicted and using the words "I actually enjoy it" to substantiate the fact that the addiction is normal, is not my idea of fun.

Sorry that you are the one I took a jab at, but every time I see that avatar of yours, I detest the habit even more.

Is smoking a thing that defines class?

I consider smoking to be a burden of lower LSM's much like alcohol abuse. Its a social crutch.

Am I wrong here?

Whos cares what class you are? :mellow: Neither could ever be considered a class thing. If anything smoking was defined in the early days as being distinguished, so was alcohol for that matter :blink:

Thats awesome well done to yourself and the missus :D :) - What got you too finally stop or want to stop? Does the wife cycle now too

1. Just got tired of being tired.

2. Pressure from my 12 year old daughter.

3. Gained Quality & hopefully Quantity of life.

4. Two packets of smokes @ R28 per day = R20,440 a year!

5. EK IS DIE BAAS, NIE DIE F_KKEN SIGARETTE NIE!!

I so agree with Crack, so eggs what your telling the rest of us if we reverse your statement, all non smokers have class?

Sounds pretty good when you put it like that.

Sorry for the generalization.

My thinking maybe came from what my mom always said that a woman that smoked isn't a lady.

But thinking of how expensive those cigarettes are, you have to be in a position to afford to smoke.

I dont agree with this statment at all( maybe it does apply to some people, not myself in particular though)- I smoked cause I really really did enjoy it :D I dont think anyone ever pressured me or I know of anyone of my mates that still smoke were ever pressured either. Its just something you either enjoy or you dont(like marmite, you either love it or you hate it). Its like lots of things in life(dont get me started on alcohol).

I can't stand someone berating or trying to force their views down someones throat cause they smoke, or drink(whatever) . No problems with expressing ones own view or opinion, in fact I would encourage it to everyone cause they smoke, its their choice. End of ;)

Anyway enough about that :)

Yes it is more of a generalisation from my side, not against you personally ;)

But no one and I mean absolutely nobody can explain to me why they even started, they can't tell me that they enjoyed their first cigarette, then why return to the second one ?

Explain it to me somebody please and preferably with a convincing argument and I will grab my coat and slippers and walk straight out the back door.

oh **** crack your inflicting peer pressure you liar :D

just becuase its you asking mate i might consider it :D

And here within poof that peer pressure exists B)

Sorry that you are the one I took a jab at, but every time I see that avatar of yours, I detest the habit even more.

Thanks for the appology, That shows character. The knersis avatar will be symbolic the day i decide to quit ill change it back. And I dont defend the habit, I dont even encourage the habit. Its my vice and my choice all I am saying. I know plenty of non smokers that get drunk and I find that disgusting as hell but its their choice so I leave them be. I dont go knocking on their doors telling them how disgusting etc etc they are.

I realize most people here intend well, and would like smokers to quit for their own good. But I can garuntee you everybody here that quit, did so becuase they wanted to quit, and because they chose to live a healthier lifestyle, not becuase some said they stink or have no class etc.

Yes it is more of a generalisation from my side, not against you personally ;)

But no one and I mean absolutely nobody can explain to me why they even started, they can't tell me that they enjoyed their first cigarette, then why return to the second one ?

Explain it to me somebody please and preferably with a convincing argument and I will grab my coat and slippers and walk straight out the back door.

Oh i can tell you, I was stuck in a boarding school and was bored to death, so like any teenager i experimented to pass the time, decided i dont like alcohol at all, and beleive it or not I enjoyed smoking. The irony is I had to jog 15km out of town to have a ciggie without getting caught.

I have not met you personally, so no. I am going by your posts and your vehement defense of the habit.

Sorry if you feel offended as your avatar offends me, Knersis was a hero to kids, a character created for kids, to enjoy, so perhaps we are in the same river (of offense) but rocking in different boats ;)

Just a side, what do you actually enjoy, it sound like a shlep to me, having extractors installed, eating mints before going in to a meeting, having to go out in the freezing cold in winter, ending up with possible emphysema , getting anxious when the cravings become too strong, getting a permanent yellow stain on your fingers, aging prematurely with wrinkles resembling a topographic map and the list goes on, but hey, to some............IT LOOKS COOL and makes a statement and it also separates me from the boring non smokers, I am not sure besides becoming addicted and using the words "I actually enjoy it" to substantiate the fact that the addiction is normal, is not my idea of fun.

Just asking but do you drink alcohol? Cause all of the above statements surley would apply to alcohol - Its worse then any ciggerette(thats just my opinion)

Thanks for the appology, That shows character. The knersis avatar will be symbolic the day i decide to quit ill change it back. And I dont defend the habit, I dont even encourage the habit. Its my vice and my choice all I am saying. I know plenty of non smokers that get drunk and I find that disgusting as hell but its their choice so I leave them be. I dont go knocking on their doors telling them how disgusting etc etc they are.

I realize most people here intend well, and would like smokers to quit for their own good. But I can garuntee you everybody here that quit, did so becuase they wanted to quit, and because they chose to live a healthier lifestyle, not becuase some said they stink or have no class etc.

I do have character, some even say I am quite a character :D

I agree with you here, and it applies to all bad habits, the individual has to make the decision.

Just asking but do you drink alcohol? Cause all of the above statements surley would apply to alcohol - Its worse then any ciggerette(thats just my opinion)

Yes alcohol is worse, it's probably the worst drug of all, and yes I do have a beer or perhaps even a whiskey now and again but I don't feel the need to buy a case of 24 beers a day and have one every half an hour or so, the reason I believe is that I am not addicted to the stuff, this would turn me in to an alcoholic, we can then use this argument for all things in life, do you eat apples, do you drink coke, do you eat chocolates..............

Smokings gonna kill you , smokings gonna kill you. But have those three or so beers and drive, its ok ;)

And the twit who does, belongs behind bars.

Yes alcohol is worse, it's probably the worst drug of all, and yes I do have a beer or perhaps even a whiskey now and again but I don't feel the need to buy a case of 24 beers a day and have one every half an hour or so, the reason I believe is that I am not addicted to the stuff, this would turn me in to an alcoholic, we can then use this argument for all things in life, do you eat apples, do you drink coke, do you eat chocolates..............

And the twit who does, belongs behind bars.

Its amazing what they define as being an alcoholic - 1 drink is being an alcoholic for some, as is someone that has more then then 21 units/week, thats about 8 beers in a week(men)