Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Stopped on new years eve. Haven't had cravings or anything. After a pack a day for 16 years. Feeling good...

thumbup1.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 months for me. After smoking for 18 years non stop. Champix ftw and loads of will power.

I'm an Indian oke and love spicy food. Nandos extra hot was nothing for me until I ate it about 3 weeks after stopping smoking. Dragging my tongue through a mtb trail is less painful.

In a couple of days its 3 years for me. I bought some cigars for friends over Christmas and no-one smoked them so I thought I would have one (waste not...!). Man, I thought I had a case of the greenies coming on, wound up outside on the lawn at 8pm with my shirt off sweating like a pig! Smoking is pretty bad if this is what it does to you after 3 years of not smoking!

I dont miss it at all!

• 5 months later...

ok so this thread also suffered the consequences of the HUB meltdown.

howzit going quitters??

had the in-laws over and my brother in law smokes like a chimney (i used as well) and damn that $*&^ stinks up everything!!! no wonder my wife complained so much

Im still clean. Rough week and the 3 month itch reared its ugly head.

Hard to say no but I know that one drag and it will never end again.

Keep it going, man!

Well done!!!

My four year anniversary was in May!

We are going to be cleaning the Ceiling, Walls and Extractors ducts of the "Smoking Room" at Sanlam HO this weekend. I'll post you guys the before and after pics next week. You will not believe the amount of crap that is dripping of the ceiling and walls. This exercise is conducted every six months, but it looks like it has never before been cleaned.

I've given up trying to give up for the time being :unsure: Divorce makes for stressful times :thumbdown:

All the best man. Take your time and do it when you are ready.

We are going to be cleaning the Ceiling, Walls and Extractors ducts of the "Smoking Room" at Sanlam HO this weekend. I'll post you guys the before and after pics next week. You will not believe the amount of crap that is dripping of the ceiling and walls. This exercise is conducted every six months, but it looks like it has never before been cleaned.

are you sure thats cos of cigarettes, and not some funny characteristic of ooze from insurance brokers?