New Absa Cape Epic Logo

DJR

New Cape Epic Logo  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I know. But they are not in the logo. Maybe they didn't sign for more than a year?? Wonder how much Addidas was paying for their name in that logo. All we got from them was 2 shirts and a pokey bag. Maybe we are going to get more and better stuff in 2012. Well it was a thought... :D

You will be blown away by the goody bag next year... Craft stuff is SO awesome, and the quality is incomparable to anything you've ever received. :)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to hold my breath though FSA, my opinion doesnt matter anyway

Here are a couple of logo I do like, why? it tells me a little something about the race, the epic logo doesn't. That to me gives it character

post-9825-0-37739300-1319790151.jpg

post-9825-0-73074100-1319790162.jpg

post-9825-0-05269700-1319790195.jpg

You will be blown away by the goody bag next year... Craft stuff is SO awesome, and the quality is incomparable to anything you've ever received. :)

For that entry price it better be awesome

The leaders' jersey looks cool.

post-1604-0-26482000-1319790586.jpg

You're a Critic.

You're a Artist.

You're a designer.

You're a Copywriter.

Just because you have a internet connection....

Hey they have their reasons for the logo and complaining about it is not going to change it, as mentioned earlier by scuzzy.

Funny reading some of the stuff here ... I work for Jupiter! Not in the design department though, but I saw some of the process. Every current logo in the cycling world was analysed. About 5 (seriously experienced) designers worked on the new one, went through approximately 150 different rough designs before narrowing down to the main contenders. The process took about 2 1/2 months.

The new one will grow on you. In every focus group I've ever been in, the immediate reaction is to stay with the familiar because people don't like change.

Have a look at this on the Epic website (where it says "New Corporate Identity Revealed" in the middle column: http://www.cape-epic.com/galleryviewvideo.php?vID=57

Edited by LeTurbo

You're a Critic.

You're a Artist.

You're a designer.

You're a Copywriter.

Just because you have a internet connection....

Hey they have their reasons for the logo and complaining about it is not going to change it, as mentioned earlier by scuzzy.

You forgot.

You're an outsider.

You're subjective.

Outsiders are also entitled to an opinion ;)

Kevin must have signed off on it, and obviously it fulfills his acquired taste.

As for me, I don't like it (not my taste), the technical merit of the two gears is also a crock of snot, it's two gears, they resemble cycling, the fact that they turn into one another is irrelevant.

I love the left part of that 3 Towers one.

Edited by Dangle

Funny reading some of the stuff here ... I work for Jupiter! Not in the design department though, but I saw some of the process. Every current logo in the cycling world was analysed. About 5 (seriously experienced) designers worked on the new one, went through approximately 150 different rough designs before narrowing down to the main contenders. The process took about 2 1/2 months.

The new one will grow on you. In every focus group I've ever been in, the immediate reaction is to stay with the familiar because people don't like change.

HA HA, that explains your smoking habit. You work in copy.. right? :lol:

HA HA, that explains your smoking habit. You work in copy.. right? :lol:

Mindreader! :clap: All copywriters smoke like a Datsun SSS.

MWahhaha, Datsun SSS! My dad had one of those! Eventually had to replace the rings as part of the SmokeEnders programme.

I've been around a good few agencies, I know you copy types - Ah, I'm full of puns today!

The circles or rings on the new logo are like the new route, just going around in circles in 3 or so places compared to the old route from Knysna to CT, now that looked like a Epic.

:lol: So true. Value for money. pwahahaha.

......the immediate reaction is to stay with the familiar because people don't like change.

So true, I'm examining my own open mindedness (or lack thereoff?) in the process.

Still reserving my judgement for the time being though.

Have a look at this on the Epic website (where it says "New Corporate Identity Revealed" in the middle column: http://www.cape-epic.com/galleryviewvideo.php?vID=57

In JHB it would have been done in 2½ days. Julle bergies is stadig.