Chain Reaction Cycles meltdown?

Just Keep Pedaling

OK. So I have placed my first order with CRC. I bought a cycling shirt. The order was dispatched last week (11 April). Do I need to go to my post office to collect, or do they deliver to the address supllied for delivery? Does the post office notify you for a parcel?

I cannot track the parcel as it is shipped with the Royal Mail service. Should I just be a bit more patient?

Any info from those who ordered from them before?

WOW, was it worth it after paying the customs on clothing? Heavy import duties on these.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys

When ordering from CRC, remember these few points;

1. Free shipping takes longer. In my experience, 8 (working) days from dispatch date.
  2. Royal Mail Int, in once instance, for me, took just as long.
  3. When you want to check where your parcel is, do the following:

Use the "tracking number" provided. You even get one with the free option.

Then phone this nr, 0860 111 502, I saved it as SA Postal international.

They receive your package, sort the customs and taxes and give it SA Postal tracking nr.

From here it will be a day or two until you have the parcel.

RE out of stock items:

As the website says,

you will ONLY be charged for items "in stock", and the other items will ship and be charged as they come back in stock.

So, I ONLY buy what is in stock, to avoid unnecessary shipping charges.

Otherwise, if when you ordered, and the item shows "in stock", and out of stock at checkout,

email them, explaining the "bulk" ordering, to avoid shipping, and in my case, they waived the additional shipping charge for the parcel sent later.

Happy shopping

never buy anything that's out of stock, that's stupid (you don't let you LBS swipe your card when they don't have what you want),

just click for an email notification for when the product is back in stock, as a matter of interest I once did that and some time later I got an email saying the product is no longer available and they gave me a GBP10 voucher for my troubles......

by the ways, I think its 10 years ordering from CRC now and no problems......

+1

Once, they made a mistake with Camelback water-bottles I ordered. Issue was resolved in a day or two, item sent free of charge with some other free goodies as well!!!

my mate ordered customs wheels with silver XT hubs, they built them with black hubs by mistake.....ended up posting him a set of new silver hubs free of charge with no need to send the black ones back.......

by the ways, I think its 10 years ordering from CRC now and no problems......

I've never had any problems either. Ordered a frame and other goodies from them over Xmas, the frame arrived with a broken hanger, thanks to SAPO*s employees throwing it around and they mailed me a new hanger no problems.

Ordered a few parts last year and the package was not being tracked. Usually goods arrive within 2 weeks but this time it was well into a month. Emailed CRC and was told to check with SAPO. Checked with SAPO and according to them no package addressed to me from CRC came through customs. I informed CRC and they were happy to resend the order worth about R2500.00.

The next morning the original package was delivered to my office by SAPO Foreign Parcels. I mediately made contact with CRC to let them know that it was no longer necessary to resend my purchase.

That for me is as good as it gets.

Guys

Use the "tracking number" provided. You even get one with the free option.

Then phone this nr, 0860 111 502, I saved it as SA Postal international.

They receive your package, sort the customs and taxes and give it SA Postal tracking nr.

From here it will be a day or two until you have the parcel.

The tracking number CRC sends is only a order id - I never received ANY tracking number for the Royal Mail, the guy from SA Postal international said there is insufficient digits for the number I gave them to track my parcel.

Edited by FuelEX

The tracking number CRC sends is only a order id - I never received ANY tracking number for the Royal Mail, the guy from SA Postal international said there is insufficient digits for the number I gave them to track my parcel.

Royal Mail carries no tracking number. (it is a cheap standard service and takes 2 weeks). if you pay more for parcelforce or UPS you get your parcel quicker with a tracking number. This is clearly communicated on the CRC website under shipping options.

This is copied from the order confirmation / dispatch note:

Order Item Status: Complete Shipping Method: Parcel Force International | Shipping Date: 17/02/2012 00:00:00 | Shipping Reference: EE188910003GB (I just changed some digits, for privacy etc)

Package still in GB:

Use the link and enter the tracking nr, and you will have an up to date parcel tracking / location.

Package shows arrival in JHB:

If you use this mentioned nr, and supply it to the operator on the SA postal tel nr provided, they can tell you if the parcel has arrived in SA yet.

As soon as it has arrived in SA, you can then be provided with a SA tracking nr.

Whoilla

why buy from CRC wen CWC is cheaper?

CWC's stock and range is limited. They never have the items I'm looking for. :thumbdown:

Would love to support them though.

Hi X Man and everyone else.

Thank you very much for your support. We are aware that we need to make our range bigger and we are working on it when ever possible. We will be getting many new stock during the next few weeks so keep your eyes on our site. many surprises on its way.

O YES REMEMBER : CW Cycles will soon be 35 years old and then the s..t will hit the fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi X Man and everyone else.

Thank you very much for your support. We are aware that we need to make our range bigger and we are working on it when ever possible. We will be getting many new stock during the next few weeks so keep your eyes on our site. many surprises on its way.

O YES REMEMBER : CW Cycles will soon be 35 years old and then the s..t will hit the fan.

So, when can we expect to see this happening?

So that I can save enough money... :clap: