Chain Reaction Cycles meltdown?

Just Keep Pedaling

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been waiting three weeks for my order now.

I recently (just this past week) had an order that came via Royal Mail that took 4 weeks. After 3 weeks CRC sent a replacement via ParcelForce, and the original and the replacement arrived on consecutive days. (I rejected the replacement and it got returned to sender).

If you want it in a week, use Parcel Force. If you qualify for free delivery, I think the extra payment for Parcel Force is only R150 or so, which is worth it.

Service from CRC was top-notch. I imagine it's SA post office that's slow. It would be nice if CRC could get hold of the SA parcel tracking number though (for Royal Mail deliveries).

Edited by Organic

What bike would that be? Bike24 are great for components. :thumbup:

That was when i was looking at the scott 29'er since then disregarded that one due to the apparent crappy rear DTswiss shock, so Now im between a rocky mountain element 950 and a Santa Cruz tallboy

I placed a order on the 1st of Jan this year and waited over a week before my order was processed. I waited a bit thinking that the new year etc would slow things down by a day or so and eventually mailed them. Luckily they had all my stuff in stock nut said that they were having some problems there side. The stuff did get here about 2 weeks after placing the order and with a 10 Pound CRC voucher. Hope all the issues are sorted now though.

I placed an order 2 weeks ago, Wed at 3pm, it was dispatched the same day and i recieved it the following Wed at 2pm.

Under a week, Good going :thumbup:

plus i got an extra 1m of Goodridge hose, a bottle and a 10 pound voucher (to be used within 2 weeks which sucks)

this was all on free shipping with a 5 pound discount added

:thumbup:

Ah man. Now I see the fine print on the back of the voucher. "This voucher is valid for 2 weeks from the date that you receive your goods." I just stocked up MTB parts and will not be doing a order for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

CRC recently helped me to replace an out of warranty Garmin with a refurbished one. I wasn't invoiced for anuthing other than the VAT on the estimated repair cost. So for R150 I now have a fully refurbished Garmin and a lot of praise for CRC warranty dept :clap:

R4500+ order yesterday. Today when I did a check up on the order, some of the stuff is out of stock. In fact, a lot of the stuff I wanted to order was out of stock. I structured my order in such a way that I only ordered available stuff. Only when I paid did they tell me that some of the stuff was out of stock. Balls. Now what?!? Do they only dispatch when the items are back in stock again? This would be April if you were wondering...

Email them and ask

Now what?!? Do they only dispatch when the items are back in stock again?

Email them and ask. They've usually responded timeously to my queries

Ricky I had similar experience but only had to wait 3 days for the out of stock items to arrive after which they dispatched the order. I received it 8 days after order which ain't too bad.

Since this month CRC has been super sharp and back to normal. Placed two orders, both on mondays, both dispatched same day, both arrived same week within 3 or 4 days.

I always make sure my order qualifies for free shipping, then bump it upto DHL shipping wich usually amounts to about R400.

The difference is I dont have to deal with the post office, and most importantly I am assured that the duties and taxes will be calculated correctly.

I love CRC.

Thanks. Mailed them earlier today but only received the generic reply. Hopefully I'll get a decent reply tomorrow.

As a side I ordered some chain rings from CWC this morning, received the tracking number a couple of hours later and I'm expecting a delivery tomorrow so well done guys!

• 1 month later...

OK. So I have placed my first order with CRC. I bought a cycling shirt. The order was dispatched last week (11 April). Do I need to go to my post office to collect, or do they deliver to the address supllied for delivery? Does the post office notify you for a parcel?

I cannot track the parcel as it is shipped with the Royal Mail service. Should I just be a bit more patient?

Any info from those who ordered from them before?

Edited by FuelEX

OK. So I have placed my first order with CRC. I bought a cycling shirt. The order was dispatched last week (11 April). Do I need to go to my post office to collect, or do they deliver to the address supllied for delivery? Does the post office notify you for a parcel?

I cannot track the parcel as it is shipped with the Royal Mail service. Should I just be a bit more patient?

Any info from those who ordered from them before?

Yeah... you would have to go to your local post office to pay the customs/VAT charge.

The post office usually puts a note in your address PO Box but that said.... with the SA Post Office you never know so I would go to the Post Office and find out what is going on.

I have stopped ordering CRC orders to my street address. I order it to my PO Box at the post office.

Also myself and about 3 friends usually order together so our order is enough that we do not pay shipping and the order gets shipped with Parcelforce.

Haven't had much hassles this way except for the fact that sometimes items are out of stock after you have placed the order.

In this case we usually just replace the out of stock items with something of similar value that is in stock. CRC usually will do a straight trade even if the items you replace the out of stock items with is a little bit more expensive.

Mostly have good experiences ordering from CRC.

Yeah... you would have to go to your local post office to pay the customs/VAT charge.

The post office usually puts a note in your address PO Box but that said.... with the SA Post Office you never know so I would go to the Post Office and find out what is going on.

I have stopped ordering CRC orders to my street address. I order it to my PO Box at the post office.

Also myself and about 3 friends usually order together so our order is enough that we do not pay shipping and the order gets shipped with Parcelforce.

Haven't had much hassles this way except for the fact that sometimes items are out of stock after you have placed the order.

In this case we usually just replace the out of stock items with something of similar value that is in stock. CRC usually will do a straight trade even if the items you replace the out of stock items with is a little bit more expensive.

Mostly have good experiences ordering from CRC.

Thank you! Just the info I needed!