Chain Reaction Cycles meltdown?

Just Keep Pedaling

All the banks run fraud alert systems that will pick up suspect transactions according to their rules. If a transaction violates a rule, they will call the cardholder to check if it is ok. If you shop online like CRC frequently it will be seen as normal for your profile and not trigger a call to check.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my stuff eventually.

It included the some of the things that they said were out of stock. Bonus.

Customs charged me R500 import duty instead of the R1500 they should have charges (on the clothes and shoes). Double Bonus.

Order still "Processing"... ARGGHH! :thumbdown:

Why, oh why do they torture me so!

+1 "Forwarded for export" no status change in 2 days ! torture ! probably because its stuck in SA somewhere .... :(

+1 "Forwarded for export" no status change in 2 days ! torture ! probably because its stuck in SA somewhere .... :(

Na, don't stress Seeker911

It will stay on that status for about 3 days... then next thing it will say that it's arrived at the Johannesburg International Mail Centre and is awaiting customs clearance.

Had a similar issue, where I ordered an item that was in stock then all of a sudden it was not.

Big issue is, order was placed 2 days before the rand saw its Ars3 so ended up costing me an extra R 480.00

Seriously anoyed, there response a 5 pound voucher. not good enough

I had a similar thing happen a year or so ago - they simply didnt despatch the order because an item was suddenly out of stock. Also cost me.

The last order a few months ago was flawless however...

Am still getting sale emails and such like so I doubt they on teh skids but your never know....

Finally heard from CRC... No stock again on a certain item <_<

That's now 2 orders in a row.

If I remove those items I no longer qualify for free shipping. So I took their other option... add alternative items. This now means I owe them more money. How does this work with regards to paying in the difference? Experience anyone?

• 3 months later...

Had a similar issue, where I ordered an item that was in stock then all of a sudden it was not.

Big issue is, order was placed 2 days before the rand saw its Ars3 so ended up costing me an extra R 480.00

Seriously anoyed, there response a 5 pound voucher. not good enough

Same here this week. What grates my carrot is

1. that the items not in stock was unique items we were looking for.

2. No reply to my mail saying that a 5 pound voucher (on next order) is as useful as tits on a man.

3. The out of stock items STILL shows on the website as 'in stock'.

Oh I'm forwarding them this post.

I recently spent over R15k in 3 shipments from them and never had a single problem. They refunded a chain guide that was incorrect which I sent back including my postage cost and they also refunded me for a 10 speed cassette that had a ratio missing.

I do though have a shipment outstanding for a helmet which was ordered on Wednesday evening and will be posted normal Royal Mail.

Edited by Thug

I recently spent over R15k in 3 shipments from them and never had a single problem. They refunded a chain guide that was incorrect which I sent back including my postage cost and they also refunded me for a 10 speed cassette that had a ratio missing.

I do though have a shipment outstanding for a helmet which was order on Wednesday evening and will be posted normal Royal Mail.

Maybe luck of the draw....4 items I ordered were out of stock. I'm not saying meltdown, but ordering something that clearly states 'in stock' and them then not having stock is annoying.

Just had a very quick and painless (on time, in stock, best prices, wide selection) R3k package from CRC, and customs were kind too.

Can't say the same for the three local suppliers (two online and one not). I spread the order to minimise risk and to send a big chunk through a local bike shop, but maybe next time CRC all the way.

One of the online suppliers was adamant that the useless, rude couriers were "beyond their control". Such a typically South African response.

Chain Reaction Meltdown? Not from my experience.

The reason for the orignal post was that I had done ten good orders in a row over the last two years and then all of a sudden everything was a disaster. It all worked out in the end and it would seem it was just a temporary issue. I will still use them in future.

The reason for the orignal post was that I had done ten good orders in a row over the last two years and then all of a sudden everything was a disaster. It all worked out in the end and it would seem it was just a temporary issue. I will still use them in future.

Looking at your avatar pic you must be hell on components? ;)

Even better, try Bike24. As cheap as CRC and they have stock clap.gif clap.gif

Wouldnt say that, they are only R9430 more expensive than the bike i just got quoted on from CWC.

Wouldnt say that, they are only R9430 more expensive than the bike i just got quoted on from CWC.

What bike would that be? Bike24 are great for components. :thumbup: