Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SA are just so bad at cricket tournaments. We have legendary batsmen: AB, QdK (arguably the best keeper/batsman playing), #, perhaps Miller too. We have one of the best fast bowlers of all time and one of the best spinners in the tournament. If we play badly like this, with this team,my conclusion is that we will never ever win a WC, ever.

G, it could have been easier if luck went our way, buttTo be champs, we have to be able to win regardless of the toss. Imo we lost mentally, for the same reason as Bangladesh when they lost. The run-out o Amla, Rilee, Faf, AB dismissals - more talent cant fix that. BMT is needed in ICC tournaments.

Edited by Christie

Under coach Russell Domingo, this team has gone backwards in all facets of our game.

I don't even want to know or try to understand what type of shot Rilee was attempting there. And Quetin running a major batter out in the first over when there were no pressure...it boggles the mind.

All the pointers show towards poor coaching and game management.

I could not believe my eyes but Domingo was actually laughing about his own teams performance - maybe a Zuma copy

Too many wickets too early. 122 was never going to be enough. Game management/strategy of team SA needs to be looked at. As does our BMT.

And so this tournament is also officially history now.  I am losing hope that SA cricket will have won a major tournament in my lifetime.

On a related note, love the dominance of the Windies

Their cricket really needs some good vibes

Hope they can claim top spot again

Imagine Sir Viv' coming out to bat during a powa play!

The Windies seems to love the all or nothing approach.

On the other hand, SA ain't the only team in the doldrums.  Seems SL is also struggling to move on from the Jayawardena era.

Loving how NZ play the game at the moment. Like the Windies they have relatively few resources and a small player pool, but end up punching above their weight almost every single game.

Loving how NZ play the game at the moment. Like the Windies they have relatively few resources and a small player pool, but end up punching above their weight almost every single game.

The Black Caps know the secret to perform at major tournaments, something that we do not.

Example:  they knew that the Indian wickets would only cause problems for the fast bowlers, which is why they are benching Southee for every game so far.  They know that you get the best results with slow and medium pacers.  Take all the pace off the ball, and force the batter to come up with a plan to get more than 8 runs per over.

Their field placings are also brilliant.

Edited by Moridin