Cricket......

E1A104

He was playing forward defensives posing for the camera as though they were filming a bakers mini cricket training video, not chasing 300+

Was it not him who made the complaint to government after our tour to India about black players being marginalised in the team?

I must admit that he looked really chuffed with his effort, walking off after he was dismissed. Edited by Vetseun

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pipeline of South African Cricket is masked by selling dreams to players who know they are not good enough but willing to play for the nice pay check. Vision 2019 is an excuse to field players that writes letters to governing bodies about opportunities but cant handle opportunity at the lower level of play. we are playing at 40% while the other 60% plays overseas. 

If players turn their back on you and win games somewhere else you are losing out not them. 

There is a lot of money put to develop young players but they players don't want to get to the top because then they can fail. playing franchise cricket or first class cricket keeps them in teams longer with guarantee play,income and free accommodation and student fees. a csa contract for them is the end of the road. so why get better?

Vision2019 needs to revised to a more honest and realistic approach. 

The Pipeline of South African Cricket is masked by selling dreams to players who know they are not good enough but willing to play for the nice pay check. Vision 2019 is an excuse to field players that writes letters to governing bodies about opportunities but cant handle opportunity at the lower level of play. we are playing at 40% while the other 60% plays overseas. 

If players turn their back on you and win games somewhere else you are losing out not them. 

There is a lot of money put to develop young players but they players don't want to get to the top because then they can fail. playing franchise cricket or first class cricket keeps them in teams longer with guarantee play,income and free accommodation and student fees. a csa contract for them is the end of the road. so why get better?

Vision2019 needs to revised to a more honest and realistic approach.

+1

Have little interest in pyjama cricket

Really keen to see the Aussies get challenged next month

I'm a Test cricket purist type

Edited by 'Dale

Problem is, this manure is going to spill over into the test team. CSA has a sickness and test cricket won't be immune to it. For how long will CSA be happy that the transformation targets are averaged across the 3 formats? This has enabled them to keep on picking the test team on merit, as long as they then load the ODI and T20 teams with POC. I'm not blaming transformation alone for our poor performances, but it definitely contributes!

He was playing forward defensives posing for the camera as though they were filming a bakers mini cricket training video, not chasing 300+

Was it not him who made the complaint to government after our tour to India about black players being marginalised in the team?

Smacks of selfishness. "As long as I score 30 off 80 balls and look good doing it, my place in the team is secure." Or he just doesn't understand what is needed to win a game when chasing 300+! I mean, run rates and all that can just be so confusing, right? 

It is just such a sad state CSA and SARU are in at the moment. It is because both organisations are run by politicians and not professionals. 

Let us also give credit. Those two Indian spinners are seriously good. Landing the ball on the same spot with the same trajectory every time except the one goes miles this way and the one goes miles that way.

Like playing against 2 Shane Warnes in one team. 

Jip. Agree. Love a good test match

Going to the pink ODI tomorrow at wanderers. Pity we're doing so shyte but it's been yonks since I've watched a game on the grounds, should be fun.

Going to the pink ODI tomorrow at wanderers. Pity we're doing so shyte but it's been yonks since I've watched a game on the grounds, should be fun.

Well our record in the Pink match is pretty good. We've never lost one. And AB'S back too. So hopefully even if we don't win we'll be that bit more competitive.

Enjoy your day at the Wanderers!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Well, that was pretty fantastic to watch (finally). However, though I'm not a cricket expert, I don't think the result would have been so favorable if the rain hadn't cut down our overs, allowing us to play it like a T20. 

Finally the blommetjies win one! That catch of Markram's was absolutely brilliant. I just wish he can convert his good starts with the bat into some big runs!

Still a few weak links in our team but they did well. Hope we can win the next two games as well and square the series

Had a great time at Wanderers on Saturday.

Glad Miller was able to really use the second chance that he got after the no ball.

Well, that was pretty fantastic to watch (finally). However, though I'm not a cricket expert, I don't think the result would have been so favorable if the rain hadn't cut down our overs, allowing us to play it like a T20. 

The rain delay in their innings also helped us, they were starting to pile on the runs and was heading for 300+.

Good win for the Proteas though

Had a great time at Wanderers on Saturday.

Glad Miller was able to really use the second chance that he got after the no ball.

The rain delay in their innings also helped us, they were starting to pile on the runs and was heading for 300+.

Good win for the Proteas though

I'm very happy we won, but we were very lucky. The interruption to their innings, Miller getting a second life, chasing a lower target and a wet outfield making the ball difficult to grip for their spinners. Everything worked in our favor, but that's sport. Let's hope they can continue saving the series tomorrow. However, I can't see it being that easy again...

Tahir was apparently accused of assaulting a kid who called him useless.. Whether that's true or not, the oke he was shouting at was an Indian! So how can this be a racial incident? Why is everything always about race??? Can it not for once be a cultural difference, or just someone who thought Tahir is k.k and Tahir taking exception to their comments? Jeezlike!

Either way, Tahir is a professional sportsman, and as a cricket he should be used to abuse from fans. This is no way to behave!

Tahir was apparently accused of assaulting a kid who called him useless.. Whether that's true or not, the oke he was shouting at was an Indian! So how can this be a racial incident? Why is everything always about race??? Can it not for once be a cultural difference, or just someone who thought Tahir is k.k and Tahir taking exception to their comments? Jeezlike!

Either way, Tahir is a professional sportsman, and as a cricket he should be used to abuse from fans. This is no way to behave!

Ethnic would be the domain of conflict with Tahir being Pakistani and the spectator being Indian. The tribal rifts run deep there.

Who knows what exactly happened in the Bull Ring

Sad.

Sport is like music - universal and unifying ????