Cricket......

E1A104

It is a long-term plan to beat Australia. We are preparing spinning pitches and will then play 3 spinners, will throw them completely and negate their pace attack. Vern and Rabada will also be slowing it right down :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Edited by hboli4

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, our cricket is so k.k at the moment that not even the groundsmen can get it right! But even if they did manage to prepare a proper South African wicket with good pace and bounce (and no spin), India would still beat us at that too. 

I can't wait for the tests vs Aus to start. At least there we're playing close to our best 11 players.  

LOL, our cricket is so k.k at the moment that not even the groundsmen can get it right! But even if they did manage to prepare a proper South African wicket with good pace and bounce (and no spin), India would still beat us at that too. 

I can't wait for the tests vs Aus to start. At least there we're playing close to our best 11 players.  

I heard that FAF is out through injury as well as Steyn

From now on all our matches should be scheduled for rainy days.

hxujO63.gif

Jip, that seems about the only thing working for us at the moment...

well it seems like given the opportunity, Heinrich Klaasen has really put his hand up.

"My dream is fulfilled. Now it becomes a job."

Players will struggle to top this as a description of how it feels to fill in for an injured player, win a couple of games for your country, and then go back to being the second rung. Heinrich Klaasen has come a long way from looking for tickets for the Pink Day ODI. He not only played that match but actually won it for his country. Now he has won them their only other limited-overs game in a one-sided match-up between the injury-hit hosts and the rampant Indian side.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22536090/my-dream-fulfilled-now-becomes-job-klaasen

After so many promising batsmen not converting domestic success to the proteas side, he really has not held back.

We've had this idea that QdK is #1 wk for the next 10 years, finished and klaar. It's great to see that this guy can step up and keep the pressure on him.

Personally I'd like a little out the box thinking, and playing 2 keepers. If you're going to be a top order batsman and a keeper, then maybe rotate the gloves during the innings to keep fresh(more of a move for test cricket, but could work from over 25-30 to switch).

Edited by Shebeen

ANTICIPATION for oz series is reaching fever pitch.

I do hope some people in Durban actually goes to watch what should be a fascinating game.

The aussies have gone in with the same XI as their ashes squad.

6 batsmen, keeper, 3quicks,1 spinner

The proteas, have a few combinations and a few not so 100% guys.

5 batsmen, keeper, 4 quicks, 1 spinner

6 batsmen, keeper, 4quicks,0 spinner

I don't think the last is likely.

In terms of rankings, we're playing for the #2 spot on the table. but Oz will need to win 3-0, or 4-1 to overtake us.

another issue here is bowlers

4 tests in 4 weeks, there will be rotation, I'm sure of that.

rabada will play all 4

philander can hopefully last all 4

morkel/ngidi might switch

I don't see Mulder playing under any plan A or B.

We have a squad for the first 2 tests, could see some changes in personel for 3 and 4

Steyn has also disappeared off the radar

He was injured in Jan 8th for 4-6 weeks

it's now been 7 weeks.

edit:found this:

Steyn has stepped up his rehab but is being monitored week by week

On Steyn, Moosajee confirmed that the fast bowler was making great progress and was increasing his bowling intensity. “He will in all likelihood feature in the series against Australia, but the medical team will want him to play some form of cricket before a Test match. At the moment we will target one of the four-day matches for the Titans. We are taking it week by week.”

this was early feb, but might have been older footage

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be4yUTTHHji/?taken-by=dalesteyn

otherwise he has been very busy fishing

27878110_149776352333281_413724432868048

Edited by Shebeen

Aus win the toss and bat. going to be a fierce first hour.

70/4 at lunch please

with smith back in the hut.

ANTICIPATION for oz series is reaching fever pitch.

I do hope some people in Durban actually goes to watch what should be a fascinating game.

The aussies have gone in with the same XI as their ashes squad.

The proteas, have a few combinations and a few not so 100% guys.

5 batsmen, keeper, 4 quicks, 1 spinner

6 batsmen, keeper, 4quicks,0 spinner

I don't think the last is likely.

In terms of rankings, we're playing for the #2 spot on the table. but Oz will need to win 3-0, or 4-1 to overtake us.

9.38am "Sadly, we have only about 120 people in the ground. Very quiet," says Firdose. It's a great pity, as this ought to be a humdinger of a contest.

South Africa 1 Dean Elgar, 2 Aiden Markram, 3 Hashim Amla, 4 AB de Villiers, 5 Faf du Plessis (capt), 6 Quinton de Kock (wk), 7 Theunis de Bruyn, 8 Vernon Philander, 9 Keshav Maharaj, 10 Kagiso Rabada, 11 Morne Morkel

The Vern strikes on what seems like a docile wicket

15/1

Edited by 'Dale

Aus win the toss and bat. going to be a fierce first hour.

70/4 at lunch please

with smith back in the hut.

9.38am "Sadly, we have only about 120 people in the ground. Very quiet," says Firdose. It's a great pity, as this ought to be a humdinger of a contest.

South Africa 1 Dean Elgar, 2 Aiden Markram, 3 Hashim Amla, 4 AB de Villiers, 5 Faf du Plessis (capt), 6 Quinton de Kock (wk), 7 Theunis de Bruyn, 8 Vernon Philander, 9 Keshav Maharaj, 10 Kagiso Rabada, 11 Morne Morkel

A pity about the poor attendance as this Aussie teams looks like it has the potential to match the very legendary units that played between the 90's and noughties.

As for the balance of our side, loaded toward batting so I would imagine that De Bruyn will have to contribute with the ball in some way. Hopefully he'll get a wicket or two but mostly just keep the runs down while giving the main quicks rest.

Our use of reviews disastrous to say the least. And a bit of spin available already. I got a feeling this is going to be a cracker of a match.

And Aus now 39/2 with Smith joining Warner. Important passage of play.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk