Cricket......

E1A104

Ai blommetjies, what a disappointment again. During the pink ODI you gave as a glimmer of hope, just to be squashed again the very next game. Poor bowling (I think it was close to 20 extras again), dropped catches and poor fielding. And then very poor batting again. As usual Markram gets it, looks set to score big, then gets out. Amla run out again. AB gets out to a very poor shot. Miller - never lived up to the expectations. Only positive for me was the promise shown by Klaassen. His wicket keeping can be improved though.. 

This team will never win a WC. We must make peace with that, and be happy with ad hoc wins against top opposition. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only positive for me was the promise shown by Klaassen. His wicket keeping can be improved though.. 

Well ideally he should be focusing on his batting, since he is actually older than QdK?

crazy to think we can be such a good test team, yet so *** in the shorter format (T20 doesnt apply here).

how does so many things go wrong consistently in the 50 over game? 

crazy to think we can be such a good test team, yet so *** in the shorter format (T20 doesnt apply here).

how does so many things go wrong consistently in the 50 over game? 

I gave up some time ago on our 50 and 20 overs game........bit of overkill tbh and really does nothing for me.Prefer the test game.Was not even aware we were playing last night.

we wouldn't even be able to chase that in 50 overs 

Sad and funny and true.

I couldn't believe my ears when Otis said he isn't worried that our batsmen can't play spin. Seriously? who says that?

Australia just pulled off world record T20 chase..245/5

that depends if you recognise records set on a rugby ground.

wow, i see the one kiwi bowler went for 64 runs in 3.1 overs. eina!

so with the guptas all going AWOL (read - headed back to dubai/india).

Surely the final 2 games is where we should all be protesting?

Can someone tell me why are we preparing pitches that suit the spin bowlers?

Surely we should be playing on hard fast tracks that suit our bowlers and average batsmen?

Can someone tell me why are we preparing pitches that suit the spin bowlers?

Surely we should be playing on hard fast tracks that suit our bowlers and average batsmen?

Hopefully it's part of a plan to get our batsmen used to top-class spin bowlers rather than just sheer incompetence and stupidity.