Cricket......

E1A104

methinks they got it wrong:

the red one is the same offence, but on appeal.

Here is a timeline of Rabada's demerit point history:

• February 2017 - Three demerit points v Sri Lanka for inappropriate and deliberate physical contact
  • July 2017 - One demerit point v England for a send-off offence
    (One match suspension/four accumulated demerit points)
  • February 2018 - One demerit point v India for a send-off offence
  • March 2018 - Three demerit points v Australia for inappropriate and deliberate physical contact
    (Two match suspension / eight accumulated demerit points)
  • March 2018 - One demerit point v Australia for a send-off offence

https://twitter.com/SuperSportTV/status/973208193743519744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E973208193743519744&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sport24.co.za%2FCricket%2FProteas%2Ftimeline-rabadas-route-to-suspension-20180312

Steve Smith, should have dived bru!!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They better start taking wickets now, chances of winning this test is becoming slim. Unless the wicket breaks up later, but then we still have to bat last.

As for the Faf vs Bavuma debate. Themba had a LONG spell in the team and his stats are underwhelming. Unfortunately politics are getting dragged in here, and I'm sure he's the last person that would want to be in the team only because of his skin colour. I also don't think one big score on the domestic scene is enough to bring him back for the 4th test. He must score big consistently, and then maybe if someone else in the test team is not performing consider swopping them. The new guys there deserve a spell as long as Bavuma's to cement a place in the team. Markram is in exactly the same boat as Themba and should score big consistently before he deserves another shot at test cricket. 

I am not the biggest fan of Faf, but I'm sure he'll come right and score some runs sooner or later. If there was an obvious candidate to take over the captaincy I'd be all for Faf stepping down soon, but there isn't. Only guy, as someone else mentioned here, is perhaps Elgar. 

Pity about Rabada's ban, our bowling stocks are already very low and under-performing. 

Edited by leeubok

imagine being a cricket star all the way through highschool, you make it to the provincial and even national representative side. every 2 years they have this amazing tournament, the u19 world Cup.

You make your team, and it's in south africa. AWESOME.

Then you find out it's being held in january in Bloem, Kimberley and Potch!

for those who didn't know, this kicked off today.

and the early news is not good if you were feeling depressed about SA cricket

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8368/game/1204675/south-africa-under-19s-vs-afghanistan-under-19s-1st-match-group-d-icc-under-19-world-cup-2019-20

edit:

had a look at the tournament format.

prediction.

SA to wipe the floor with UAE and canada

then end up losing to a much sharper Eng/Aus who came thorugh the tough group.

India to win overall. their youth players should win everything for the next 10 years

Edited by Shebeen

Anyone have a link to the video of the ban worthy celebration?

I swear the icc are only after making sure the big three are on top

Edited by Stretch

Anyone have a link to the video of the ban worthy celebration?

I swear the icc are only after making sure the big three are on top

nope. it's all mostly shut down on youtube.

any article linking to stuff then has a dead youtube link.

i looked for all of KG's transgressions and all you really get is indian okes talking over stills pics

didn't know you could undeclare!

Faf and Rabada don't look best pleased... Pope is getting some fluids on board. A penny for Pieter Malan and Dean Elgar's thoughts, too!

1nb
Rabada to Wood, 1 no ball, backs away, heaves it hiiiiigh into the air and Nortje takes the catch at mid-on! And England have declared! Hold on... it might be a no-ball! It is, he's overstepped! What happens here? I think the declaration still stands... nope, Root has changed his mind! Back they go... bizarre!

Gotta love The Vern

Excellent judgement in leaving a ball in line with 4th - 5th stump

Gets advise from Quinny

Blows a big bubble

Chews big

Then proceeds to hook Stokes for 4

Gonna miss The Surgeon

That's got to be the darkest I have ever seen red ball test cricket played in.

Might just be camera, but can't believe this was not way below the light they normally go off for. Spinners or not.

Re Faf: class is permanent, form is temporary. He is the second best batsmen we have, after QdK. (His stats of 29 x 50s 9 x 100s and average is actually better then QdK)

They would be dof to even think about dropping him.

Edited by Christie

Re Faf: class is permanent, form is temporary. He is the second best batsmen we have, after QdK. (His stats of 29 x 50s 9 x 100s and average is actually better then QdK)

They would be dof to even think about dropping him.

Yes but he better pull his finger out

We are in the kuk again at 208/9 with a probable follow on

How did grinding it out yesterday turn into tonking from the first over this morning?

????‍♂️

Did the brains trust instruct them up the run rate?

With imminent rain interruptions, damp ball and damp outfield, it will favour batting.

It can wear down the fielding side, although they will be pumped to go 2-1 up.

The local village will welcome the rain. 

The nationwide drought's been rough.

Edited by 'Dale

How did grinding it out yesterday turn into tonking from the first over this morning?

????‍♂️

Did the brains trust instruct them up the run rate?

Backfired tremendously.

Blockathon needed now, plus allot of help from the predicted rain. No way we are pulling a draw out of this on our own...

Nortje should be considered an all-rounder now for the Proteas, showed the actual batsmen what a proper batting mindset is supposed to be in testing conditions. Hope he gets an extended run in the team.

I wonder how the pep talk went this morning: "lets go out and show them who is boss!"

10 min later:

"Ok, lets go out again, and try something else"

Edited by Christie