Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

passenger next to me on the plane today talking to his buddy.

"ja our cricket is down the tubes"

blah blah blah.

so I ask him if we're at least better than new zealand.

"ja, of course, they're always crap"

so I tell him that if we can beat them three zip, in march we'll be #1 on the Test world rankings again.

"no, you're talking rubbish boet"

tough ask being an sa national player, no matter what the sport.

blah blah blah.

so I tell him that if we can beat them three zip, in march we'll be #1 on the Test world rankings again.

Agreed. But an even tougher ask is to be the coach. Take Gary Kirsten for example. He's walked into a no-win job. If he goes to NZ and cleans up, it's the least that would be expected of him. If for some reason we do less than brilliantly, they'll be queuing for his scalp.

I hope he's getting paid enough...

Cape Town - Former Australian captain Steve Waugh believes it's time for Graeme Smith to relinquish his Test captaincy role at the Proteas.

Waugh told the Eyewitness News website that Smith should perhaps follow the example of former Australian captain Ricky Ponting by giving up his current role to focus more on his individual batting performance.

“Graeme [smith] has been captain for a long time, since he was very young. Maybe it would be good for him to be a player not so much a captain.

"Ricky Ponting has done it and it relieved a lot of pressure on his shoulders. Graeme should think of not being a Test captain and just go there and enjoy his batting," said Waugh.

Waugh, who currently sits seventh on the all-time Test run scorers list with 10 927 runs, also said the Proteas are still too inconsistent at Test level.

“South Africa has moments when they look like the best side in the world and they have moments when they don’t look like the best side in the world. They are a little bit inconsistent. They really shout have beaten Australia 2-0 in the recent tour, but for some reason they can’t quite grab it when the opportunity presents itself,” said Waugh.

England's 3-0 series loss to Pakistan has given South Africa a big shot at becoming world No 1 in Tests. Should the Proteas beat New Zealand 3-0 in their upcoming Test series they will lift England out of the top spot.

• 2 weeks later...

SA Tour To NZ

T20 (now has a ranking system(

If you can, get to the telly and see the highlights of the master class, ala Zulu Klusener, by Richard Levi.

117*

100 off 45 balls

Fastest T20 international century of all time, most sixes in an innings,

highest score by a South African.

Jeehaa :-)

Nice to see them bounce back - the ferns know its game on, now and that they had it easy against Zim. I wonder if Levi will get aa late IPL deal? I must say that the t20 squad looks a bit light in terms of bowling and batting, if the big guns don't fire. Lets hope GK finds the right combo for thr wc.

The Kiwis rolled over by the Proteas - NZ were requiring 24 off 28 with 7 wickets in hand.

Chockers, I say...

Checkers

Chokers

The Kiwis rolled over by the Proteas - NZ were requiring 24 off 28 with 7 wickets in hand.

Chockers, I say...

Checkers

Chokers

I love the commentator's jibe just after Mcullum holed out for a duck: " ... there's a horrible gurgling sound in the NZ camp .." :lol:

blah blah blah.

Nice post.

Very true, eh?

I love the commentator's jibe just after Mcullum holed out for a duck: " ... there's a horrible gurgling sound in the NZ camp .." :lol:

That was good. Heard that.

Chockers, I say...

Checkers

Chokers

at least it was not in the world cup as SA like to do .....