Cricket......

E1A104

I hope this motivates KP to return to top form again. He is a great batsmen to watch, I hope he lights up the IPL big time. Perhaps he can play in Ramslam t20 next year?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think KP is one of those okes who doesn't care what others think. He says it like he sees it. I dig the oke

I hope this motivates KP to return to top form again. He is a great batsmen to watch, I hope he lights up the IPL big time. Perhaps he can play in Ramslam t20 next year?

Yeah also enjoyed watching him play.

Seems like he is one of these guys who does not know how to play poker (no poker face) and cannot help upsetting some people.....not a good thing to upset the selectors.

Would love to know what really went on...

Don't think it will be long before we find out what really happened, don't think KP can stay quiet for that long!

KP won't make it into my team.

Talent AND emotional intelligence matter to a team environment.

With reservation, who knows what's going on in the ECB's political dynamics.

Gonna be interesting to see where his career is heading.

Edited by ' Dale

KP won't make it into my team.

Talent AND emotional intelligence matter to a team environment.

With reservation, who knows what's going on in the ECB's political dynamics.

Gonna be interesting to see where his career is heading.

Runs and wickets win the game...just ask the England players in Oz

Runs and wickets win the game...just ask the England players in Oz

And it's done mainly though cohesive teams

Happy teams are more formidable

Edited by ' Dale

"When I played cricket, Test matches were usually won by runs, wickets and catches, not ­administrators spouting rubbish about philosophy"

By a cricketer who knows a bit about cricket and being "happy" :ph34r:

See the link / story below

Talking about happy...Love the reference to clowns and buffoon's

Imagine England dropping Wayne Rooney and telling him he will never play for his country again without saying why.

People would be banging down the doors of the Football Association to demand an explanation and Middle England would take to the streets in revolt.

So I’m baffled, exasperated and disgusted the England and Wales Cricket Board think they can get rid of Kevin Pietersen, issue a statement full of corporate waffle, and hope everyone will forget about it.

Well, I’ve got news for the amateur comedians who run the ECB. We want answers, the truth. We want detailed, precise reasons behind their decision to end Pietersen’s international career.

If you sacked a factory worker on the shop floor without telling him why he’s been fired, he would take his employers to the cleaners through the courts.

The ECB can’t just hide behind their blazers and wait for the fuss to die down. They can’t leave everyone to speculate why England have ditched one of their finest players.

Guesswork is no way to run a sporting body.

The buffoons at Lord’s don’t just owe KP an ­explanation – although you might have thought it was a common ­courtesy to outline why he has been sent into exile.

They owe the paying public, the fans who spend £100 on a ticket to home Test matches, a reason why they have discarded the star attraction.

They owe the punters who spend their life-savings to follow England halfway round the world, only to see them get hammered 5-0, more than a fudged statement.

And they owe subscribers who pay good money to follow the cricket on Sky Sports some hard facts.

Read more here

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricket/ian-bothams-verdict-kevin-pietersen-3115603#ixzz2sXiJIKyj

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Well, Swiss'

As mentioned in my post that led to your response, I am aware of the ECB and daggers that are flying around.

The Oz tour has exposed some serious cracks in English cricket. They are in serious trouble.

They are in serious trouble.

I think the problem lies with one individual. Cook (or maybe it was the Zimbo, in light of Swiss' latest post...). His personal issues with KP led him to give the ECB an "it's him or me" ultimatum, and I think the ECB booted the guy.

Edited by Cellar

Disagree here - most top sport people have a single mindedness that takes them to the top. Very few nice guy at the top.

England were their best when KP was being a tosser

Well...

"EXCLUSIVE: The real reason KP was sacked: He told 'headmaster' Flower not to treat players like they were kids after Melbourne debacle"

• Kevin Pietersen told Andy Flower where the team felt he was going wrong
  • Matt Prior had the idea of a meeting without management in Melbourne
  • KP was the only man prepared to tell Flower what issues the players had
  • Tweets by Piers Morgan suggested Prior had 'stabbed KP in the back'
  • Prior had previously acted as peacemaker for Pietersen in 2012

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2552655/The-real-reason-Kevin-Pietersen-sacked-He-told-headmaster-Andy-Flower-not-treat-players-like-kids.html#ixzz2sXuaVS1i

Disagree here - most top sport people have a single mindedness that takes them to the top. Very few nice guy at the top.

England were their best when KP was being a tosser

To be clearer...

Cohesive doesn't mean 'let's all be nice and sing 'we are the world'.

It means there's a strong collective spirit to win and fight for the badge that includes an overall level of collegial respect and professionalism, I reckon.

Key question: would CSA have him?

Also, would Pietersen be interested?

Edited by ' Dale

Hmmm, perhaps they should call up Miller to the test side if Duminy cant play. Im sure he has got what it takes to play tests.

That would mean that another player will have to lose out. JP's off breaks are more than handy in what could be a side with no front-line spinner playing in the first test. A like-for-like replacement would be someone like Roelof vd Merwe or Johan Botha (if the SA selectors are willing to look at a soon-to-be Aussie national).

To be clearer...

Cohesive doesn't mean 'let's all be nice and sing 'we are the world'.

It means there's a strong collective spirit to win and fight for the badge that includes an overall level of collegial respect and professionalism, I reckon.

Key question: would CSA have him?

Also, would Pietersen be interested?

Cohesive also doesn't mean collegial or professional to precise. KP is a maverick and needs to be treated differently like all sporting mavericks. Agree or disagree?

As I mentioned England were number one when KP was his most 'destructive' and its always funny how those things are forgotten when you are winning yet when the team is rotting they are the first to be blamed. Let us not forgot he was their top run getter in Aus. Swann recently said KP has been fine and there have been no problems since his re-integration into the team. It is all hypocrisy as Eng have had many divisive players in the recent past. Flontoff, Tuffnell ect. What about Panesar urinating on a bouncer whilst pissed out of his head? Have you seen how English sportsmen behave? Cmon. He is a scapegoat but this will bite them in the arse.

CSA had Gibbs and they let him back into the team after smoking pot, match fixing ect. Have you read his autobio? He was a maverick and needed to be handled differently. Eng has cocked this up by not being able to manage him properly.

Any team would have KP in a heart beat but I think he would need to wait a number of years before qualifying.