Cricket......

E1A104

I hope he plays but don't think the team/squad is on merit ... Thami and Rory are there ahead of KA/QdK/SvZ/BH ect.

yup seems the team is the best, but squad is a bit more political. Thami must be the best paid baggage handler in world cricket, he's actually got nothing to complain about! it does seem odd that they are actually promoting guys from outside the squad straight into the team (AFAIK, KA wasn't even in the internal pre-test training sessions - Beuran was, mainly because they wanted more lefties to try try get used MJ).

Yip.

I read that they were granted an extra 8 overs.

What was unusual was that Oz were only 7 down, not the customary 8.

the fact that game was finished vindicated the decision, and there was precedent of the extra half hour been granted at 7 down before. It would be a real hard sell for anyone in the aus team to try and say that they were cheated out of a hard fought draw. Seems to have gone unnoticed that chris rogers was actually out three times in the end, that definitely helped drag things out.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup seems the team is the best, but squad is a bit more political. Thami must be the best paid baggage handler in world cricket, he's actually got nothing to complain about! it does seem odd that they are actually promoting guys from outside the squad straight into the team (AFAIK, KA wasn't even in the internal pre-test training sessions - Beuran was, mainly because they wanted more lefties to try try get used MJ).

Exactly what I was referring to - outside guys leap frogging Thami and Rory

Sends the wrong signals imo

I hope he plays but don't think the team/squad is on merit ... Thami and Rory are there ahead of KA/QdK/SvZ/BH ect.

If ever there was a quota player it is Thami Tsolikele.He is IMO not even provincial levelThere is no other previously disadvantaged player that doesnt deserve to be there.

If ever there was a quota player it is Thami Tsolikele.He is IMO not even provincial levelThere is no other previously disadvantaged player that doesnt deserve to be there.

Agreed but I think TT is an ok provincial player imo and I havent seem much of Rory lately to make him more deserving that KA or BH for the test squad.

he he, the philanderer got david warner out. his next move, accuse us cheating. blah blah blah.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-australia-2013-14/content/story/722643.html?CMP=chrome

David Warner has raised a query over South Africa's handling of the ball during their victory in Port Elizabeth and said the Australians would speak to the umpires about the issue of scuffing the ball.

The South Africa attack found greater reverse swing during the second Test than Australia, which contributed to their win, and Warner conceded that both teams worked on the ball in an attempt to gain an advantage. However, he said the Australians would check with the umpires on the method of handling the ball used by South Africa's wicketkeeper AB de Villiers.

Elgar has redeemed himself and should open with Smittie.

Just hold on to those catches, Dean!

Otherwise, the XI should remain the same.

Elgar has redeemed himself and should open with Smittie.

Just hold on to those catches, Dean!

Otherwise, the XI should remain the same.

some one needs to come in for parnell, reckon they will go with

biff

alviro

#

faf

ABDv

elgar

duminy

Abbot

Philanderer

Steynja

Morkel

biff

alviro

#

faf

ABDv

elgar

duminy

Abbot

Philanderer

Steynja

Morkel

Oe ja, the groin.

Concussion still a factor for what's his name

Abbott will be a good choice

Oe ja, the groin.

Concussion still a factor for what's his name

Abbott will be a good choice

Abbott is an excellent choice and a Zululander, and you can always count on a Zululander.

Remember Lance Klusener, Zululander!

Edited by Ed-Zulu

he he, the philanderer got david warner out. his next move, accuse us cheating. blah blah blah.

http://www.espncrici...html?CMP=chrome

David Warner has raised a query over South Africa's handling of the ball during their victory in Port Elizabeth and said the Australians would speak to the umpires about the issue of scuffing the ball.

The South Africa attack found greater reverse swing during the second Test than Australia, which contributed to their win, and Warner conceded that both teams worked on the ball in an attempt to gain an advantage. However, he said the Australians would check with the umpires on the method of handling the ball used by South Africa's wicketkeeper AB de Villiers.

He can expect a very "warm" reception from the Newlands faithful on Saturday...

biff

alviro elgar

#

faf

ABDv

Elgar QdK

duminy

Abbot

Philanderer

Steynja

Morkel

Fixed

I know you aren't a fan but if you look at the bigger picture im sure you will agree, the exposure he is getting is second to none. If they win it would only bode well to create a winning mindset in the young man. I don't see AP in the team beyond next year tbh - to many good players knocking on the door

Fixed

I know you aren't a fan but if you look at the bigger picture im sure you will agree, the exposure he is getting is second to none. If they win it would only bode well to create a winning mindset in the young man. I don't see AP in the team beyond next year tbh - to many good players knocking on the door

I like the balance of this side, but the problem with above team in the long run is the <ahem> "administrative" requirements.

We should possibly look at Zondo, Phangiso and Hendricks in the upcoming Zim tour to give these youngsters some decent exposure with the likes of other young talent like QdK and Abbot. The future is looking bright at least :)