Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yowzer! I heat up my lunch, have a chat to a collegue and when I get back to my laptop it looks like a nuke exploded onto the Sri Lankan scorecard...

Or a Sri Lankan opener's...

True that but I would like to hold us to a higher standard :whistling:

Mathews gone finally, bowled by tahir.

lead is 180, 2 wickets left. will probably bat till halfway in the final session tomorrow. set them 350/400 to win in 3 1/2 sessions. Can only really see two results possible here, one of them being the draw.

and in other news....Cook is having a real rough time in the england shirt.

Kumar to Cook, OUT, Cook falls cheaply, again! cue a hundred articles, superb line from Bhuvneshwar, just outside off, making Cook play, no footwork from Cook as he nibbles it through to the keeper, India strike even before they have had time to rue the Rahane miss

England captains have had a horrid time of late, "100-making-machines" but as soon as they are handed the captains arm band the crack or in Allistar's case "Cooked". Same happened to Strauss & Vaughan.

IMO their media puts way too much pressure on them hence they try too hard to perform but end up failing. Check at what happened to Trescothic & Trott cracked under pressure & now they are blossoming again in a less demanding & stress free environment of County Cricket.

Not sure if Atherton & Hussain had to endure the same.

Edited by milky4130

Oh dear I'm afraid that Sa declaration came way to soon or maybe too little runs on the board.

I have the same feeling, we will see after the first session if we declared to early

I have the same feeling, we will see after the first session if we declared to early

Hey Wareeek. You been quiet Pal. Ja I am also wondering

If we bowl well, there will be opportunities to get wickets if they play their shots. If we bowl badly, we will lose.

It looks like the spinners are not doing the job so far. Philander has a 0 in the wickets column - I feel we depend too much on Dale Steyn to bowl sides out, he almost bowled the same nr of overs as Thahir in the first innings, and the same now.

There we go! Some fire and brimstone from Steyn, and a loose shot from Sangakara opened it up for us. At 200+ behind and 6 wickets down, I doubt SL will chase the win, Mathews should look to shore up and farm the strike. The win is on the cards! If we keep the good bowling up, and have a bit of help from a delivery or two that misbehaves from here, we can take it.

Another for Steyn. Need 2 more, if Eranga doesn't bat.

Selectors need to look at Tahir and Philander for the next match, both not contributing in this game. Time to give Piedt a go - he cant do worse than Tahir. Philander is a more difficult debate, but on flat pitches he looks ineffective. When will Abbot get a look?