Cricket......

E1A104

So nice to see us winning games like that. Someone sticks up their hand and gets it done. Chuffed for Davie Miller. Takes balls to be left on the bench all season then suddenly asked to perform. Issue for me now is JP. Such a fantastic player, but seems in a bit of a hole at the moment. He's still our leading T20 run scorer of all time ( if I remember correctly) , but just out of knick . Changed his bowling action and seems to be struggling with length. Hope he gets it right in India cos we need him there

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd drop JP for Steyn for the Wanderers. On a good track you need the extra proper bowler as someone is bound to go for runs.

There's a gazillions high pressure moments in T20

Very impressive composure by #proteafire

Imo: Amla in for JP, if he does not open, to bat at 3 then. Faf 4, Miller 5.

We need another spinner for India, perhaps they are backing JP for that - big big gamble if that is the case. Pangiso wont play, you cant change your action in week or two. Piedt or Harmer needs to be called up asap.

Imo: Amla in for JP, if he does not open, to bat at 3 then. Faf 4, Miller 5.

We need another spinner for India, perhaps they are backing JP for that - big big gamble if that is the case. Pangiso wont play, you cant change your action in week or two. Piedt or Harmer needs to be called up asap.

Agree with AB, Ash and QdK at top 3, no space for JP, rather keep RR and Miller with both all rounders.

Competitive score here but I think we will struggle to defend it

Final over was like

4, 6, 4, 6, W, 6 or something

204 to chase

Gonna be interesting

11 off final over

THEN IN COMES 

RABADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

Jip, it was those extras that cost us the game. Fielding poor under pressure. We could have won this one. But rather learn the lessons now. (Also, I would have preferred if they left Rabada to bowl yorkers at the stumps, instead of at the tram line)

Edited by Christie

This Rabada kid looks to be be the real deal. They must look after him. A legend in the making.

+1

Lovely game indeed.

It was a lovely exercise in pressure management.

The Proteas final score was a bit of luck as they surged into the 200s in the final over.

But luck and good fortune is part of the game.

Rabada soaks up pressure like an industrial sponge.

Wow.

Oh, how I wish Abraham send the Aussies to a convincing loss in the decider.