Cricket......

E1A104

She who must be obeyed gave me permission to watch the "cricket" last night. I'm not a fan of this T20 stuff, but if they insist in calling it "cricket" then they need to change a few things.

1. No bowlers, just use a bowling machine

2. All runs scored on the leg side using an ugly baseball slog count half

3. Batsmen who score two consecutive boundaries using this ugly baseball shot are to be roasted on the pitch side flames.

4. Batsmen caught in the crowd are out.

5. Boundaries scored by classical cover drives are rewarded by a free hit

6. Any batsmen wondering around his crease before the ball is bowled is to have his feet nailed to the floor.

I'm just a grumpy old fart who just likes watching real Test cricket. :whistling:

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She who must be obeyed gave me permission to watch the "cricket" last night. I'm not a fan of this T20 stuff, but if they insist in calling it "cricket" then they need to change a few things.

1. No bowlers, just use a bowling machine

2. All runs scored on the leg side using an ugly baseball slog count half

3. Batsmen who score two consecutive boundaries using this ugly baseball shot are to be roasted on the pitch side flames.

4. Batsmen caught in the crowd are out.

5. Boundaries scored by classical cover drives are rewarded by a free hit

6. Any batsmen wondering around his crease before the ball is bowled is to have his feet nailed to the floor.

I'm just a grumpy old fart who just likes watching real Test cricket. :whistling:

I'm like you, Baldrick

Microwave cricket, I call it

Quick, not as appetising

It's here to stay

So much money and stakes involved

I'm like you, Baldrick

Microwave cricket, I call it

Quick, not as appetising

It's here to stay

So much money and stakes involved

amla hooking for six. A sentence I never thought I'd write.

Just remember it has changed cricket, all forms. 300+ is the new par score for ODI, they've even had to do radical adjustments to duckworth Lewis as the algorithm users historical stats that are no longer as relevant.

You'll also see that the amount of draws in test cricket is way down. And then you get draws like the Newlands test with Ben stokes on fire. It is fair to say that many players have forgotten to put a high value on their wicket.

You also have to take into account that bats have changed far too much. Maxwell miss hit a pull and it ended up flying far over the point boundary yesterday. Bizarre.

All three games came down to the last over, what more do you want?

im with baldrick - I hate it...but i'll watch it anyway because...well...its our national team...give me a test any day of the week

the only stats that should count are test stats

Calling T20 cricket is a bit like saying rugby union and rugby league are the same sport.

All they have in common is the equipment used and the pitch they play on.

A proper thrashing by Aus yesterday. We were 20 runs short, that cost us the match imo.

Some thoughts going into yhe wc:

Our best atsmen in this format: QdK, Amla, AB, Miller, Faf. Our strategy should be to have at least one of those at the wicket while batting (Aus got that right with their order). Those batsmen must get us most of the runs. Leaving Amla out is stupid selection policy.

After them, you need blasters, who can tee off from the second or third ball - Wiese, Morris, Albe Morkel. The top 5 will bat deep, else we lose.

Scrappers who turn over the strike weaken the batting - imo JP, Rilee, Behardien contribute little.

Our bowling has problems - Wiese went for plenty, JP cant bowl anymore. If we rely on JP to be the 2nd spinner, we will be in trouble - India has Ashwin and Jadeja, for example.

Abbott vs Morris: neither out-bowled the other.

Our fielding was not as sharp as Aus - dropped catches and misfields through the series did not help.

I would Select: QdK,#,AB, Miller,Faf,Wiese,Morris,Harmer/Parnell/Abbott,Rabada,Steyn,Tahir

Batsmen-sloggers-lots of bowlers

amla hooking for six. A sentence I never thought I'd write.

Just remember it has changed cricket, all forms. 300+ is the new par score for ODI, they've even had to do radical adjustments to duckworth Lewis as the algorithm users historical stats that are no longer as relevant.

You'll also see that the amount of draws in test cricket is way down. And then you get draws like the Newlands test with Ben stokes on fire. It is fair to say that many players have forgotten to put a high value on their wicket.

You also have to take into account that bats have changed far too much. Maxwell miss hit a pull and it ended up flying far over the point boundary yesterday. Bizarre.

All three games came down to the last over, what more do you want?

All points taken

Consider it a matter of preference

I prefer the intrigue, strategy and overall mental battles within the war lasting 5 days

Like a finely made gourmet meal with a KWV red as opposed to popcorn and Fanta Zero

Edited by ' Dale

I like watching t20i and IPL. It is the only form of cricket where I can watch the whole game. My life is too busy with kids, work and mtb, I cannot spend a whole Saturday watching an ODI, let alone a test match. For thos I follow on live commentry, or catch the highlites

Ha! We beat India in a warm-up game. QdK and JPD made good runs to get us to 196. It was almost not enough, but Abbott and Morris bowled some brilliant overs at the death with dew making bowling difficult, to see us win by 4 runs. (AB did not play, I hope he is not injured). The rest of our top order did not do so well, lets hope they adapt quickly.

India were out played in home conditions - awesome! They loaded the dice in their favour but NZ adapted well and thumped them. I so hoped that the Blommetjies could do that in the last test series, but some jungle justice got served today, finally. Well done NZ.