Cricket......

E1A104

Knockout cricket takes a bit of courage and mental toughness.

And either our guys have neither, or it requires something extra?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So.... Lets discount Pakistan as Auz should dispose of them.

Say we play India and we bat first and get 150. How much must we bowl them out for?

Or say they bat first and get 150. How fast must we get it?

Obviously we would like to bat second so that we know exactly what we need to do how fast......

So.... Lets discount Pakistan as Auz should dispose of them.

Say we play India and we bat first and get 150. How much must we bowl them out for?

Or say they bat first and get 150. How fast must we get it?

Obviously we would like to bat second so that we know exactly what we need to do how fast......

Why we just go in to bat and aim for 240+ no matter if we bat first or second?

What do the Proteas drink at the bar after a game?............... Brandy and Choke

Jawel dalk moet hulle begin fles vat voor die game dan sal die nerves nie so erg pla nie....

Is it just me, but has cricket lost it's appeal? I really don't care to watch it/ follow it anymore....

Edited by Octavian

It's a mysterty how one of cricket's most consistently good teams have not earned any ICC silverware?

Surely, they are tough...

Hopefully, with Gary as coach, this trend will end.

I'll tell you who has the most mental toughness - it's not Australia or even India. It's us - the fans!!! A true South African cricket supporter is both brave and blindly hopeful, far beyond what could be reasonably expected. I love hating cricket.

Summary from cricinfo

South Africa are the only team that can be knocked out even before their match starts. For the second time in a row, they will be hoping Pakistan lose because if Pakistan win the first match on Tuesday, it will mean curtains for South Africa.

However, if Australia do beat Pakistan, South Africa have a fair chance of making it to the next round, thanks to poor NRRs of India and Pakistan. As mentioned above, if South Africa score 160 and win by more than three runs, their NRR will go above India's, enough to qualify provided Australia have won all their matches. The advantage for South Africa and India is that they play the last game of the group, and will thus have an exact knowledge of what they need to do to qualify.

Is it just me, but has cricket lost it's appeal? I really don't care to watch it/ follow it anymore....

I disagree - the last series in England had tremendous support both by viewership and the packed grounds. There was also a lengthy discussion after yesterdays game about how T20 has increased cricket viewership/support over the last few years. Yes maybe it doesnt translate into people fillnig a test match but I think the state of cricket is fairly healthy

Edited by JGR

The advantage for South Africa and India is that they play the last game of the group, and will thus have an exact knowledge of what they need to do to qualify.

Surely they've known since before the tournament that they need to score more runs than their opponents, and then bowl them out?

Surely they've known since before the tournament that they need to score more runs than their opponents, and then bowl them out?

Made me smile!

I disagree - the last series in England had tremendous support both by viewership and the packed grounds. There was also a lengthy discussion after yesterdays game about how T20 has increased cricket viewership/support over the last few years. Yes maybe it doesnt translate into people fillnig a test match but I think the state of cricket is fairly healthy

I concur. The England tour was brilliant - I was riveted and the attendance at the grounds (even the test matches) proved that Cricket in all forms is still appealing.

It's a mysterty how one of cricket's most consistently good teams have not earned any ICC silverware?

Surely, they are tough...

Hopefully, with Gary as coach, this trend will end.

Yes, to sum up South Africa

The greatest team to never win a World Cup

Edited by MichaelD

I feel like that about the Currie Cup this year...

:-/

I feel like that about the Currie Cup this year...

:-/

I felt like that during the Tour. Stupid boring Wiggins and Cav.