• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the weather forecast looks rof for the 2nd test

This will count in the favour of the Proteas

After day 1, it seemed impossible for them to win

It was 158/0 chasing the then small total of the Proteas

Yip, it ain't over until Shane Warne Fatboy sings....

Rabadaaaa's interview

What a classy honest real and cheeky interview

What a talent 

"I'll be ready for Hobart... If I get chosen..." :w00t:

It feels so good to have the aussies under the cosh like this.

I thought we were a bit too windgat after the 5-0 ODI series, and after Day 1 it looked like egg was on our face.

No ABD, Steyntjie out after 13 overs (and nothing from # in this match) - so it's really refreshing that the tier2 players stood up and got counted.

JPD has extended his test career here too (he was considering jumping before being pushed).

And Mbaks will be happy to see that our bowling attack was almost 100% non white (with the exception of 2 overs from Steven Cook!).

Onto test 2 and we'll have the momentum, and confidence. Hopefully we can clean it all up there (because test 3 is pink ball where we are going into the unknown).

A great come-back from SA, after being bowled out cheaply in the first innings and staring down the barrel of a loaded shotgun with Aus at around 150 without loss on day 2... then we turned it on and from there it was one way traffic.

We played so well, but what impressed me most of all was how Faf rallied his troops without his main weapon in the bowling attack. He managed to keep his quicks fresh, used the reviews very well and made sure that the fielders backed up the bowlers almost every time they had sight of the ball.

Perhaps this is premature, but I think AB should consider letting Faf do the job full time going forward. It will allow him to focus on his batting.

A great come-back from SA, after being bowled out cheaply in the first innings and staring down the barrel of a loaded shotgun with Aus at around 150 without loss on day 2... then we turned it on and from there it was one way traffic.

We played so well, but what impressed me most of all was how Faf rallied his troops without his main weapon in the bowling attack. He managed to keep his quicks fresh, used the reviews very well and made sure that the fielders backed up the bowlers almost every time they had sight of the ball.

Perhaps this is premature, but I think AB should consider letting Faf do the job full time going forward. It will allow him to focus on his batting.

I dunno totally about that, although it was a really tough situation.

I thought he overbowled KG a bit badly.

Knowing we have 5 sessions to bowl, He got bowled in spells of 8, 8 and 6 overs (and then went off to get his shoulder iced!).

With 560 runs to play with, he could have bowled a lot more par time spin upfront. Duminy wasn't used till the quicks were off their feet, no elgar at all? (i do notice that Faf really doesn't rate his own spin anymore - 560 runs on a 5th day pitch and didn't put himself on - maybe that's what Biff told him in that phonecall)

I've never felt that AB is a great captain, between #, AB and Faf there's a good brainstrust - they just need to work together.

selection dilemma, is Morkel 100% fit, do you risk him in hobart? Abbot has always risen to the occasion

I dunno totally about that, although it was a really tough situation.

I thought he overbowled KG a bit badly.

Knowing we have 5 sessions to bowl, He got bowled in spells of 8, 8 and 6 overs (and then went off to get his shoulder iced!).

In his defense:

"I am incredibly proud of KG. He just wanted the ball," du Plessis said. "Every time I said, 'Are you tired?', he said, 'No, you're not taking the ball out of my hand'. That's the sign of a champion bowler for me. He wants to be in the fight the whole time."

Rabada bowled 51 overs in the match, almost ten more than his seam-bowling partner Vernon Philander. In the second innings, his twin spells of eight overs at the beginning and end of the day broke the back of Australia's attempt to save the match. If that wasn't enough, he returned on the final morning for six more overs of high quality to complete a five-for. In all that, Rabada never thought it was getting too much.

"It was challenging but I've done this before, at Kent. There are flat wickets there. At least here the ball is bouncing now," Rabada said. "I've got that experience in my body but I am young. If I was older, I don't know if I'd have done that much."

Although not a great Aussie side, it's a great team effort considering no AB & mostly no Steyn!