2 scores of 97 for Australian's top scoring batters

Maharaj first ever spinner to debut at WACA

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are better without AB

Care to clarify how we are better without arguably the worlds best batsmen?

They should take the captaincy away from him though. Let him worry only about his own performance. I'm no fan of Faf but he has been really good at captaining the side. He seems to flourish whereas other players like Amla and AB just don't seem suited for the job. 

They should take the captaincy away from him though. Let him worry only about his own performance. I'm no fan of Faf but he has been really good at captaining the side. He seems to flourish whereas other players like Amla and AB just don't seem suited for the job.

Yes

Remove the captaincy role do he can continue to shine as a batter

Faffa has been impressive and seems well respected.

Going to be interesting to see who they pick, but it has to be Abbot - if they don't go for spin then have morkel available.

I really don't understand how it is that Pretorius isn't available yet, only getting there on the first day - about 10 days after Steyn's injury. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sunfoil-series-2015-16/content/player/327830.html

Looking at his stats, For 1st class cricket he is averaging 43 with the bat and 22 with the ball!

that's a better 1st class batting average than Faf(29) and better bowling than Morne Morkel (27)

We are better without AB

naa, they need to exclude him from more games

Best performance and No AB( not a fan of him sorry guys) and personally I feel the guys played alot more freely without him on the field

100%

He is not a good captain and must just bat and field

I sort of understood why Biff wasn't that popular, but no one can argue that we have really missed him at the top of the order (our opening partnership roundabout has been abysmal since he left).

But to say AB shouldn't be in the side, just really makes me wonder. :eek:  :eek:

I can think of 8074 good reasons to select him

I don't think we'll see Stiaan van Zyl back in the test side as he's now signed a Kolpak deal - http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2016/content/story/1065385.html

Only at 29, it keeps him out the running for 3 years.

He played 12 tests, and only averages 26 but only opened as the spot was left vacant by Alviro. Bavuma has taken the middle order spot that he would have normally played in.

Abbott definitely, if I was selector

Cool all-round ability

Although it looks like waterpolo weather 

You have answered your own question.He is not the top ranked batsman btw

No 7 in tests.1 in ODI and not in the top 10 in T20

Going to be interesting to see who they pick, but it has to be Abbot - if they don't go for spin then have morkel available.

I really don't understand how it is that Pretorius isn't available yet, only getting there on the first day - about 10 days after Steyn's injury. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sunfoil-series-2015-16/content/player/327830.html

Looking at his stats, For 1st class cricket he is averaging 43 with the bat and 22 with the ball!

that's a better 1st class batting average than Faf(29) and better bowling than Morne Morkel (27)

I sort of understood why Biff wasn't that popular, but no one can argue that we have really missed him at the top of the order (our opening partnership roundabout has been abysmal since he left).

But to say AB shouldn't be in the side, just really makes me wonder. :eek:  :eek:

I can think of 8074 good reasons to select him

I did not say he should not be in the side.What I said was that we look a hell of a lot better without him.There is a solidity about the side that we have not seen for a while.We are a team once again.It is not the end of the world if Hash does not come off in a game.They just get on with it and play harder.I think FAFs captaincy is outstanding

Make that 85 all out

Elgar and Cook are guarding their wickets very well. Aim would be to keep the wickets in tact and get into the lead before close of play, then surely to bat once only. Looking forward to the bowling highlights in the tea break. Vern looks like he was on fire.