Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be disappointing if we lose tomorrow. But our top order needs a major shakeup. The de bruyn experiment failed miserably, he's a middle order batsman not an opener. I would give cook another chance, and beg AB to come back! Even if AB doesn't come back, time to drop duminy. Even bavuma hasn't quite clicked after some very promising outings at the beginning of his int career. Amla another one who needs to rediscover his form quickly!

It'll be disappointing if we lose tomorrow. But our top order needs a major shakeup. The de bruyn experiment failed miserably, he's a middle order batsman not an opener. I would give cook another chance, and beg AB to come back! Even if AB doesn't come back, time to drop duminy. Even bavuma hasn't quite clicked after some very promising outings at the beginning of his int career. Amla another one who needs to rediscover his form quickly!

Big break of several months coming up

aaaaaaaaaand, that's a wrap!

https://twitter.com/BLACKCAPS/status/846825953762295808/photo/1

Hello folks, and welcome to ESPNcricinfo's live coverage of the fifth day's play in Hamilton. Here's the mood-setter. Hamilton has seen rain fall down for all of last night. It only just stopped, minutes ago. What we are left with is the cover resembling a mini-stream and there is plenty of mopping up going around. Firdose Moonda, our correspondent who is there, says there is a definite delay and probably no play at all.

Factoid: "Looks really bad for any play at all on the last day, as I write (10:17 AM NZ time). Lots of heavy rain overnight, heavy overcast now and light dampening drizzle still falling. Little chance of good drying conditions, no wind. Good effort NZ to get close to a victory, the game result I am anticipating is a bit deflating for both sides as SA won't be pleased with their upper order batting letting them down. Good test series spoiled by weather, QdK for man of series, Tom Latham's catch the highlight for me."

Edited by SouthYeaster

Pity. I would have loved to see how Quinny and Faf deal with the pressure. Lets hope our openers get some help with their footwork and shot selection. 20 years ago they would have done a short county stint to get some solid time in the middle, but sadly with the demands of IPL and the way the colpak deals are currently structured this is no longer an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ummm, very stoked to win the series - AND back to #2, ja take that you whining aussies!

Don't care if it was because of the rain - happens like that, and swings and roundabouts.

was always predicted, NZ could have pushed pace earlier on day4 to declare, they batted for 162 overs! - but that is just hindsight and i think we bowled well enough that wasn't an option. when you're 1-0 down you need to be bold. batting deep into day4 in your first innings is not that!

playing test cricket n NZ is always a rain issue. maybe they tried greener wickets to push a result, especialy since it is late in the summer now.  i think 6 day windows would be a good idea, put a rest day in like the old days when you know it's going to be the rainy one!

a drawn test should have 450 overs

1st test - 338 overs - draw

2nd test - 264 - win in 3days

3rd test - 290 overs draw

Interesting 

Pretty unbeatable stat

The value of home tests

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/260800/260885.jpg

Interesting 

Pretty unbeatable stat

The value of home tests

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/260800/260885.jpg

well pigeon is there a lot...twice in the same season!