Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good fightback, great bowling. This t20 squad is very experimental, I dont mind a lost game if they fight for it. AB and Behardien blew the last one - agree with the commentators that it would have been better to be 143 all out than 143/3.

Morri's bowling was massive, bad that Butler not given caught behind in his last over.

I enjoyed watching Paterson and Phehlukwayo - they won that game for us with Morris.

There is a growing pool of players that have not delivered to their potential - Behardien, Parnell, Duminy. They must b under threat of getting dropped now.

Miller and Morkel can also do more imo. Miller still young, I would like to see him bat one higher in the odi team. He is also such a nice orthodox batsmen - he could bat in the test side, too.

• 2 weeks later...

potentially a can of worms - I think Faf as Test captain should be there for the first test of a crucial series. Wasn't that long ago that Andre nel managed to get married in the middle of a test match during his debut series!

South Africa captain Faf du Plessis will miss the first test against England at Lords starting on Thursday due to family reasons, the cricket board confirmed on Monday.

Du Plessis has stayed in South Africa to be with wife Imari following the birth of the couple's first child.

"Faf's wife gave birth to their first child last week but the difficult nature of the delivery has delayed his return to the UK," team manager Mohammed Moosajee said in a statement.

"The mother and baby have settled at home, but he will be unable to make it back in time to take part in the first test. He will link up with the squad in the UK later this week."

potentially a can of worms - I think Faf as Test captain should be there for the first test of a crucial series. Wasn't that long ago that Andre nel managed to get married in the middle of a test match during his debut series!

I actually think Elgar as captain is a better option to be completely honest.

1st session firmly to SA. 3 wickets in the second session will be most welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WELL DONE to Heino Kuhn.

1st test cap, after knocking on the door for a long time. First as a keeper/batsmen, he's moved to being just a batsmen and concentrated on opening to crack the test side.