E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rabada nr 1 rated in the world, according to ICC rankings

Rabadaaaa

funny thing is that last weekend India's #3 ranked bowler carried drinks.

their #4 ranked bowler bowled 8 overs, and might not even play the next 2 tests depending on how they rejig their batting lineup.

These guys also happen to be #2 and #3 in the test allrounder lists.

How is this possible? Horses for courses, and all their good performances come on rank turners back home

so, let's get WAY ahead of ourselves here*.

What will it take to be #1 again?

We will need to beat India 3-0, and then beat Australia by at least 2 in our 4 test series in March.

OR

if we only beat India 2-0 and then beat Aus 4-0.

*Let's just remember that England, yes lowly lowly England, PUMPED us 3-1 six months ago. With Moeen Ali man of the series.

It's weird how Eng suddenly got completely outplayed by Aus and we just beat the No1 team at home. Is it a home advantage thing? For the last 10 years I think we haven't lost an away series, until this last one in Eng. And losing that record against Eng of all teams was just really annoying! And then we went and got pumped in India too, right? 

We still have the best away win % of all teams though. They showed that stat during the game. I think that's a might proud record to have. It's one thing being a bully in your own back yard (yes India, you!) and another going on a tour and winning in someone elses back yard

The series against Aus is also going to be a cracker. The one thing that sets us apart from the aussies is the bit between the ears. They just have so much aggression, confidence and mental toughness, which is something we sometimes lack

It's weird how Eng suddenly got completely outplayed by Aus and we just beat the No1 team at home. Is it a home advantage thing? For the last 10 years I think we haven't lost an away series, until this last one in Eng. And losing that record against Eng of all teams was just really annoying! And then we went and got pumped in India too, right?

We still have the best away win % of all teams though. They showed that stat during the game. I think that's a might proud record to have. It's one thing being a bully in your own back yard (yes India, you!) and another going on a tour and winning in someone elses back yard

The series against Aus is also going to be a cracker. The one thing that sets us apart from the aussies is the bit between the ears. They just have so much aggression, confidence and mental toughness, which is something we sometimes lack

We also lost away against India. The pitches were dust bowls though. We’ll have to get another spin option or 2 if we are to be competitive with the new ICC test ‘series’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We also lost away against India. The pitches were dust bowls though. We’ll have to get another spin option or 2 if we are to be competitive with the new ICC test ‘series’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had a look at the results between the Big3, and Proteas over the last few years -because this has influenced how the proposed FTP has been put together. I haven't included the india/SA series currently on, yet. I should include Pakistan as they have had decent success during this period, BUT don't actually play at home, are so temperamental, and have got really crap again, really quick.

What is interesting to see is that

a)in the Aus/SA series, we both tend to win away!

b)India don't lose at home, or win on the road. not even close.

b) very few series go down to the final game, so include a dead rubber.

What we already knew but is scary to see down is the amount of test cricket spread around. Due to all these 5 match back to back Ashes games, England play almost double the amount of games within this group than SA have.

FYI, whilst we're mocking useless useless England, they have won 4/7 series, as have Aus. India are 3/5 and SA are 1/5.

Going to keep the spreadsheet and update at the end of the year as the teams are playing each other in 2018.

post-1830-0-92458500-1515509451_thumb.png

Interesting stats. I was never a fan of our previous coach, he did really poor in my opinion with the talent at his disposal. And as good a cricketer as AB is, he was never really a good captain. One thing I like about Faf and the way we've started playing cricket now, is that we're more aggressive. Yes sometimes taking risks and playing aggressively will backfire, but it annoyed the crap out of me when we were so over conservative. Maybe this approach is what we need to finally win some silverware in ODI's. 

But I fear the buffoons in charge of CSA are still going to do damage to our cricket. I read an article the other day where they say the players have no say and that they will decide where the proteas play franchise cricket.. That kind of attitude is going to get them nowhere with the players, and sour relationships with other cricketing countries too

Interesting stats. I was never a fan of our previous coach, he did really poor in my opinion with the talent at his disposal. And as good a cricketer as AB is, he was never really a good captain. One thing I like about Faf and the way we've started playing cricket now, is that we're more aggressive. Yes sometimes taking risks and playing aggressively will backfire, but it annoyed the crap out of me when we were so over conservative. Maybe this approach is what we need to finally win some silverware in ODI's. 

I disagree. I think he was brought in by Gazza to eventually take over the top job.

We were #1 test team for most of his period as coach, 

to say that he did poor is an over reach.

I never thought AB was a good captain, and have said it repeatedly here. Problem was he wanted the job, and he got it.

But I fear the buffoons in charge of CSA are still going to do damage to our cricket. I read an article the other day where they say the players have no say and that they will decide where the proteas play franchise cricket.. That kind of attitude is going to get them nowhere with the players, and sour relationships with other cricketing countries too

I think something has to be done about where the proteas play. WHEN they play, which is not often. It was a bit of a joke seeing how loaded the Titans squad was for the recent Ram Slam T20

I disagree. I think he was brought in by Gazza to eventually take over the top job.

We were #1 test team for most of his period as coach, 

to say that he did poor is an over reach.

I never thought AB was a good captain, and have said it repeatedly here. Problem was he wanted the job, and he got it.

I think something has to be done about where the proteas play. WHEN they play, which is not often. It was a bit of a joke seeing how loaded the Titans squad was for the recent Ram Slam T20

Domingo had an up and down time as coach. He inherited a really good team from mickey arthur. Then at one stage we did really badly and many people were calling for his head, but things picked up again and those calls went quiet again. And then we lost our last two away series against Eng and India.. I was just no a fan, didn't like the guy for some reason.

As for where the proteas play franchise cricket. They probably could do that if players are contracted centrally with CSA, but I don't know if that's the case? And like you say, it doesn't happen very often that proteas play franchise cricket. So not a big deal in my opinion. I was moaning more about the attitude of the CSA top dogs. 

Surprised none of you stormers have mentioned Robbie Frylinck heroically smashing us to victory last night?

Edited by Benjamin

Surprised none of you stormers have mentioned Robbie Frylinck heroically smashing us to victory last night?

Stormers??? Cobras???

Really good game of cricket. Dolphins were cruising when Van Wyk was in, then Cobras had it, and then possibly the worst 2 balls bowled in the entire game gave it to the Dolphins.

Stormers??? Cobras???

Really good game of cricket. Dolphins were cruising when Van Wyk was in, then Cobras had it, and then possibly the worst 2 balls bowled in the entire game gave it to the Dolphins.

Stormers a generic hub term for all WP sporting code supporters. Like Shebeen.

didn't know it was on.

wow, what a finish!

love the way the camera pans on Ravishastri every time a wicket falls.

he's got a poker face that says.

tenor.gif?itemid=5268712

not going according to plan this morning.

sidetrack

WTF is Cycle Pure Agarbathies?

(indian incense maker - annual turnover $120m)