Cricket......

E1A104

Does the crowd get refunded for all these rained out matches?

Yep, something along the lines of:

15 overs or less: Full refund

15-30 overs: 50% refund

and so forth

NZ vs India could have been a cracker of a match...

Best we can hope for under current conditions is effectively a T20i.....

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it is set be like this till Monday or Tuesday at least. The gulf stream is blocked.. and there is an associated LP that is bringing in this cold and wet weather.

Does the crowd get refunded for all these rained out matches?

yeah what swift said above, but i think a ticket is like 20 pounds, so not a lot that you get back after spending money on travel / acc if you are traveling from somewhere far. :mellow:

yeah what swift said above, but i think a ticket is like 20 pounds, so not a lot that you get back after spending money on travel / acc if you are traveling from somewhere far. :mellow:

It really is that everyone loses. Players bored. Crowd out of pocket for many reasons as you say. Organizers burning.

Edit: AND all of us frustrated!

Edited by CBlake

Unfortunately it is set be like this till Monday or Tuesday at least. The gulf stream is blocked.. and there is an associated LP that is bringing in this cold and wet weather.

...we could have done with our first 3 games being rained out!

and NZ will be happy if they get the point out of their game v India today due to rain

Edited by Shebeen

Saw a comment on espn cricinfo that it is set to be the wettest June in UK history... figures...

Heading for NR number 4 for the tournament.

Interestingly, it will be the first one for the teams in the top 4 currently....

If it does rain out, only Aus, Eng and Afghanistan will have not had a match rained out. 

Saw a comment on espn cricinfo that it is set to be the wettest June in UK history... figures...

We've had more rain in the first week of June than we did the entire summer last year

Not surprisingly, looks like rain will feature in our match against Afghanistan tomorrow...

post-27827-0-93840100-1560492011_thumb.png

Not surprisingly, looks like rain will feature in our match against Afghanistan tomorrow...

sjoe, only getting a point out of that game is probably end of the tournament for sure.

Point taken

actually quite fun fooling around with statsguru.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=start;result=1;series=12357;team_view=bowl;template=results;type=team;view=results

so far 14 results.

6 of them won by the team chasing

9 of those been won by the team that lost the toss.

5 teams have won the toss and then game, just Ind v SA where they chose to bat 1st.

data is obviously skewed by small sample set and small amount of close games (where the toss would have possibly made a difference)

Really hope the Windies can pull thru today...

the thin hope the proteas are banking on would prefer the poms to win.

windies blown out for 212. Archer continues to impress.

Sorry to say but we are way too deep in a hole to make the semi's. We need a miracle, that is the only way.

We can reach 11 points, MAX.

And we need one of the current top 4 to also be at 11 with a lower NRR or 10 points.

Looking at the table below, I think our best odds are that Australia trip over, they have the hardest run in. We need them to win just 1 out of their next 4 matches while we win our remaining 4.

Aus vs Banggladesh - Plausible, Bangladesh really put a number on the Windies yesterday, they should be condifent

Aus vs ENG - Realistic, England look good, they just encountered a freakshow brilliant performance from the Pakistanis in their 2nd match, 

Aus vs NZ - Realistic - NZ are in good form

Aus vs RSA - If we win our next 3 on the trot and they lose their next 3 on the trot we might be in with a chance here to pip them on the line.

Two rained out matches for Aus would also help us...

This all assumes that Bangladesh or Sri-Lanka also loses one or two of their remaining matches.

This is a LOOOOONG shot boys, put a R50 on it, but nothing more...

If we lose to NZ tomorrow, we might as well pray for rain for the rest of the matches to save us from the embarrassment. 

post-27827-0-62542500-1560845878_thumb.png