Cricket......

E1A104

Lambs to the slaughter

I just checked the score for the first time today.I feel really sorry for them.How embarrassing.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to have to make some serious decisions otherwise we can just forget about it. God knows how the first 3 days of the Newlands Test vs The Poms sold out within 2 hours or whatever it was because Im not paying money to go watch this current lot.

Well the tickets matches against England were probably bought by the barmy army. I should say at this point that I am English, but I think it will be quite an even series. We have similar issues to you. A good bowling attack, but nobody knows who should be in the batting lineup. We will probably have a series of low scoring tests.

You boys have the issue that you want to play super aggressive cricket like in the ODIs which has been your downfall, as was seen in the Ashes. Guys unable or unwilling to bat for a long period. I reckon the success in the WC might rub off on the test side and provide them with an advantage in the coming series. We on the other hand are like deer in headlights and we have zero confidence after this series and also the series loss at home against SL.

Im not getting my hopes up. You may be correct in that it could be a low scoring series, but i dont see us being competitive enough. I hope i am wrong...

Well the tickets matches against England were probably bought by the barmy army. I should say at this point that I am English, but I think it will be quite an even series. We have similar issues to you. A good bowling attack, but nobody knows who should be in the batting lineup. We will probably have a series of low scoring tests.

Jeeziz, Faf really wants to hang around after this pathetic showing. In my mind he was an absent leader, and he should go. They should also post Enoch Kwêvoël somewhere else, make Mark Boucher coach and appoint a young leader who can be mentored by Bouchie. Now is the time to appoint a strong character as coach, because we dont have strong candidates for the captaincy.

Vark steaks, what a low we are seeing from the once mighty Proteas. Gutted...

Vark steaks, what a low we are seeing from the once mighty Proteas. Gutted...

Wasn't pleasant to watch. Apart from the first session of the last Test we were never in the contest.

corect, I think we were competitive for ONE session, other than that India dominated every single session of cricket played. Jassssssss

Wasn't pleasant to watch. Apart from the first session of the last Test we were never in the contest.

The cleanout seems to have begun. Hopefully they appoint qualified people to make educated decisions. Hopefully. This is CSA we are talking about...

I wonder if keeping ottis would have made a difference.

Can only go up from here, the England series hopefully the turn around we need.

I played cricket with and am still mates with a former Windies player who told me that Otis was being pushed out because his vision was not in line with the dictatorship of Thabang Moroe and Chris Nanzani. Among others they are besotted with the idea of having Temba the next captain. Anyways, it was mentioned to me that what transpired between CSA and what was released to the media was also not accurate. Surprise surprise.

Personally I had mixed feelings about Otis. I just had the feeling that we weren’t paying enough attention to developing our batting in the same way we did with the bowling. Benkenstein in any event was useless as a batting coach.

I really hope they approach someone like Eric Simons or Gary Kirsten for this role of cricket director. Gazza has expressed his desire to return to international cricket and maybe by making him DOC it will be a win win for him and CSA in that Gazza wouldnt have to travel with the team as frequently as the head coach, something he expressed when talking about the details of his application for the English position.

Other than Simons or Kirsten, I dont really think theres anyone else who really stands out as far as DOC is concerned.

Hopefully the next couple of days will be more revealing and ultimately more confidence inspiring.

I wonder if keeping ottis would have made a difference.

Can only go up from here, the England series hopefully the turn around we need.

The circus continues... last night's suspensions seem to be related to the Mzanzi Parkie League. These idiots cannot get it right to host a "global" event - after we had succesfully hosted the IPL and the WC, I cannot understand why not. Or I do actually.

Now, I wonder if Corrie and Kie are scapegoats as part of an attempted cover-up? My opinion of Thabang Moroe is such that this was the first thing that came to mind when I read this morning's press release by CSA.

And here I thought it was related to our poor showing in India, and it was being attempted to get our administrative house in order so we can build a competitive team again. I must be on cheap drugs for thinking such a thing.

The circus continues... last night's suspensions seem to be related to the Mzanzi Parkie League. These idiots cannot get it right to host a "global" event - after we had succesfully hosted the IPL and the WC, I cannot understand why not. Or I do actually.

Now, I wonder if Corrie and Kie are scapegoats as part of an attempted cover-up? My opinion of Thabang Moroe is such that this was the first thing that came to mind when I read this morning's press release by CSA.

And here I thought it was related to our poor showing in India, and it was being attempted to get our administrative house in order so we can build a competitive team again. I must be on cheap drugs for thinking such a thing.

the drama continues.

in other news

dane piedt takes 7 and george linde scores 140!!!

Cobras still in trouble because they played the game with 4 white guys in the team!

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/cricket/domestic/cobras-ceo-did-cricket-sa-want-us-to-leave-out-our-proteas-36246822

in better news, Rassie vd Dussen scores an unbeaten 150(against average bowlers admittedly)...his performances probably the only thing to be happy about in the last 12 months  - he HAS to play test cricket.

You have to feel for Aswell Prince. If there isn’t talented players to choose from to make up the numbers, which would be the obvious assumption, what is he supposed to do? Select guys just for the sake of making up the numbers? We have seen what this leads to. Aswell is not someone to blatantly ignore the numbers game, in my opinion.

Yes Shebeen, the scores being achieved in some of the recent domestic games is actually quite a positive achievement, i have not looked at the score cards in great detail, but even if the bowlers are average, you still have to score the runs. Of course runs against stronger bowling attacks would be better though.

the drama continues.

in other news

dane piedt takes 7 and george linde scores 140!!!

Cobras still in trouble because they played the game with 4 white guys in the team!

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/cricket/domestic/cobras-ceo-did-cricket-sa-want-us-to-leave-out-our-proteas-36246822

in better news, Rassie vd Dussen scores an unbeaten 150(against average bowlers admittedly)...his performances probably the only thing to be happy about in the last 12 months - he HAS to play test cricket.

so MSL launches this week....

it's not even on Cricinfo

not really any new WOW players signed up for version2.0 (maybe TomCurran is one to watch, but not exactly a world name yet)

at least AbD is here.

Gayle Force is pushing his zimmer.

the website has some lorum ipsum vibe with a placeholder for (if and) when a sponsor arrives

post-1830-0-25001200-1572962457_thumb.png

with no big sponsor, it's not even on supersport. so while yay it is on SABC, there ain't much money going into the tv deal, which makes the long term viability in jeopardy.

oh well, let's hope for the best

best we can say is, please support!