Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoked for the new management and coaching team.

As mentioned earlier, QdK and Faf deserves better from their team mates, this might be the start of it.

Great confidence booster...

Honestly feel like there is enough balance of talent and experience for this side to be really competitive. Bowlers, KG and Vern once again leading from the front.

I still want to see more responsibility and leadership from faf. That second innings knock of a hot headed 20 is not good enough from our captain.

Hoping we carry this momentum to newlands in the next decade.

England bat first and currently 127/4 after 50

they have had a few starts but nothing more. SA will definitely be of the happier camp after loosing the toss.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/EnglandinSA/opinion-anger-at-bavuma-dropping-is-misplaced-20200103

"Instead of taking issue with the fact that Bavuma was dropped, those who have been angered should rather question the fact that there are limited black African players knocking on the Test door. That is the real issue here, because it speaks to a quota system in domestic cricket that is clearly not producing the players it was designed to."

Cannot argue with this point, it just epitomizes the lack of work done by the crooks in charge at CSA, and also the ineffectiveness of a system designed to appease the masses in the short term in stead of laying the foundation to produce quality cricketers in the long run.

I am all for a demographically representative team, but the players have to be produced through an effective system, not fast tracked to make up numbers/win votes. The Springboks have proven what can well be achieved.

Anyway, bummed to be at work since yesterday and not at my usual spot at Newlands... Stokes out! Yesss, the last time he played at Newlands he and Jonny moered us to all corners! - (the little I can remember...)

Joe Root has got to be relieved of the England Captaincy. For his own sake and also the team's. Tactically I find him wanting, and it is clear his batting is suffering. That is of course, if you want the poms to do well :)

Edited by gemmerbal

Enjoyed watching the fly slip employed last night as Pope was using the ramp shot to KG.

How the game of Test Cricket has evolved.

England has to do seize the initiative here as they are 1-0 down.

Rassie gets caught behind off a no-ball

Then Rassie is dropped in the slips by a highly competent Stokes

After dropping a few in the slip cordon since his debut on Boxing Day

Cricket, she's one unpredictable woman.

Edited by 'Dale

A bit of negative cricket from 2 batsman or England tightening up causing Elgar that play such a wild / unnecessary shot to give his wicket away!?

What’s with all the missed no balls by the umpires?

Some of them were rather obvious...

SA might need those extras

What’s with all the missed no balls by the umpires?

Some of them were rather obvious...

SA might need those extras

Ya ney... Surely with technology being so adVARnced they can monitor the line/foot of bowler and send a signal to the umpire as soon as bowler oversteps.

Anyway hoping we can somehow get even in the morning and then have a bowl under some clouds... Think England are slightly ahead atm

Ya ney... Surely with technology being so adVARnced they can monitor the line/foot of bowler and send a signal to the umpire as soon as bowler oversteps.

Anyway hoping we can somehow get even in the morning and then have a bowl under some clouds... Think England are slightly ahead atm

According to Sky sports Michael Atherton this morning there were 12 no balls bowled yesterday, 1 of which was reviewed by the #3 ump..

You would think the #3 would see what is being replayed on tv and then he would whisper into the field umps ears who in turn would warn the bowlers that they might be overstepping... but no, it’s almost like they have decided to focus on the batters end only.

And SA are going to need much more than 12 extras...

Edited by SwissVan

Two days to go.We are going to be whacked in this one

Agreed. Even if we can wrap up the or last wickets by lunch we will still be chasing 300+

Good test of character this one.

In the long term this will do them a whole lot of good instead of winning all the matches.

The guys made mistakes and it will hurt. Question is what does the senior guys do with this.