Cricket......

E1A104

And I literally just finished typing this, and then: Faf, you can faf off now!!!!!!

W

Stokes to du Plessis, OUT,

F du Plessis b Stokes 35 (92b 5x4 0x6) SR: 38.04

Nah, it's because he you cursed him with your previous comment. [emoji14][emoji14][emoji14] Yes I am joking if it's not quite clear.

As for the match state: I hope we can maintain the positive attitude that the batsmen have shown and that we can take the match deep into the final day.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And cue the collapse;

Wood to van der Dussen, OUT,

HE van der Dussen c Broad b Wood 98 (138b 15x4 2x6) SR: 71.01

We were looking quite decent, but alas, downward from here...

Would love it if the guys now show some resolve and play for their place in the squad, even if the result is inevitable.

And I literally just finished typing this, and then: Faf, you can faf off now!!!!!!

W

Stokes to du Plessis, OUT,

F du Plessis b Stokes 35 (92b 5x4 0x6) SR: 38.04

It will be disappointing if he leaves the scene with this mediocre set of performances behind him.. He is worthy of so much more.

I'll never forget the scene of Gary Kirsten walking off the pitch after his final innings, openly overcome with emotion, with the whole field and crowd applauding him.... That is how you are meant to retire

So, the commentator on espn cricinfo has twice called Bavuma "the man in form". One decent first class score hardly maketh a man in form, but let's see what he can do. Looks good so far with 14 from 22.

It will be disappointing if he leaves the scene with this mediocre set of performances behind him.. He is worthy of so much more.

I'll never forget the scene of Gary Kirsten walking off the pitch after his final innings, openly overcome with emotion, with the whole field and crowd applauding him.... That is how you are meant to retire

I was never Faf's biggest fan. But I must admit, he was captain in a difficult time, and deserves a good send off. 

My 'favourite' retirement test - Kallis scoring a hundred in his last innings against India. 

Gonna miss The Vern

The Surgeon

Yikes, more experience and precious skill lost, both with ball and bat.

48/6 off the final 10, coudn't even try and sneak the score above 300.

I think they had a gentleman's agreement to go play golf together tomorrow.

there was some proper needle with Faf/Broad - don't think it was Faf's fault at all, stubborn resistance was upsetting the poms, but he'll get the heat.

My 'favourite' retirement test - Kallis scoring a hundred in his last innings against India. 

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1136423/where-would-south-africa-be-if-kallis-hadn-t-played-the-way-he-did

in durbs and all. can't imagine 7000 people been seen there since.

In my defence, I am super lazy. I just copied from the web and pasted it here. No ways I'm going back and finding one that is grammatically correct.

Here is the original clip for anybody wanting to scratch that itch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

no man, you've missed out the first part!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdNe8u-Jsg

ps. in real life jim carrey did actually hook up with her!

correct, the big difference being Biff was 23/24 years old and in the infancy stage of ultimately becoming our most successful test captain, and one of the most prolific internationally. Flaf on the other hand is at the back end of his career and tasked with leading a host of average cricketers at best.

I think it is a slightly unfair comparison, for more reasons than stated above.

Since that time, the sports ministry has become a lot more aggressive with their "transformation targets", the roll on effect of that being that our domestic cricket standard has dropped significantly, from club level all the way up to provincial/franchise level. If you want a strong national side, you need a good quality club cricketers - that is where it starts, it doesn't start at provincial level.

Our worst losing streak since 04/05 and the first time since 1950 that we lose two consecutive home series.3f7632d2dd6ca38d82619a20b55867ef.jpg

Edited by gemmerbal