Cricket......

E1A104

I guess the change in fortunes and change in captain of the one day is not going to be lost on test team captaincy. When is faf going to get pushed?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the change in fortunes and change in captain of the one day is not going to be lost on test team captaincy. When is faf going to get pushed?

Faf could take some toss tips from QdK!

but he ain't getting pushed from Test team anytime soon. I think he'll still lead us to windies this winter, and should play in the T20 WC. Then it's up to him for what's next. He has had to put up with a lot of crap, i think the top management now would ask him to step down before turfing him out.

Enthralling match last night in the T20, swinging in favour of each team a couple of times.

I really thought Hendriks had blown our chances by giving a way 16 runs in the penultimate over, only for Ngidi to step up and deliver a final over which only conceded 5 runs and resulted in 3 wickets. 

Another very entertaining match of T20 cricket.

Beuran Hendricks taken to the sword wirh the ball... Again!

Quinny with a master class... Again!

3 runs needed from 2 balls, we give it away. Pity

Decider on Sunday

Another very entertaining match of T20 cricket.

Beuran Hendricks taken to the sword wirh the ball... Again!

Quinny with a master class... Again!

3 runs needed from 2 balls, we give it away. Pity

Decider on Sunday

Been a great series, every game delivered. 

Was a lil surprised that England managed the run rate yesterday. Great game 

100% agreed. ODI and T20 series were great with a couple of decent performances from our Proteas. Glad to see them be so competitive throughout both series.

Well, there's my answer: only took 12 days...

pushed or jumped.

either way, there's 2 tests in windies in July and then not much for a while- i think Faf will still be in that team.

if he does well in IPL i see him playing T20 world cup too.

i only see QdK (hopefully not) or Elgar as realistic test captains, and having faf around if he's scoring runs for the next 12 months would be a real asset.

pushed or jumped.

either way, there's 2 tests in windies in July and then not much for a while- i think Faf will still be in that team.

if he does well in IPL i see him playing T20 world cup too.

i only see QdK (hopefully not) or Elgar as realistic test captains, and having faf around if he's scoring runs for the next 12 months would be a real asset.

i reckon he was pushed to jump. Easier to phrase the narrative that way. Humility all round.

As for the next test captain, no Bavuma option to grow into the role with QdK as VC?

Yesterday was another cracker... Watched most of the game. Haven't taken so much interest in a T20 game since who knows when

Jirre but Quinny is some player... Really hope this captaincy doesn't burden him in the long run.

How easy was the ball traveling yesterday. Morgan made it boundary look really small with a few miss timed 6s.

Agreed there are some positive signs to take from ODI and T20 series.

Note we won the first game of each format ????

i reckon he was pushed to jump. Easier to phrase the narrative that way. Humility all round.

As for the next test captain, no Bavuma option to grow into the role with QdK as VC?

before you can be captain, you need to first be in the team.

his stats are not great for someone been given such a long run already, so he's lucky to be in the test XI in the first place.. there's more context that goes into it of course.

ultimately if malan and elgar stick as opening pair then he needs to compete with faf/markram/rassie for a batting slot. if they play five bowlers then one of them sits out.

i don't think you can just ctrl+C ctrl+V a siya kolisi expectation on Temba, and i don't really know how much FC captaincy he's done either.

<snip>

i don't think you can just ctrl+C ctrl+V a siya kolisi expectation on Temba, and i don't really know how much FC captaincy he's done either.

this is exactly what i think is knocking around in some heads following WRC. There's also Rabada

Firstly, great T20 and ODI series against the poms! Finally our batsmen started scoring some runs. I'm a little worried about our bowling, didn't seem to great at times. But that's the modern game I suppose, it favours batsmen more than bowlers. 

As for Faf, it was the right time and right thing to do. I was never his biggest fan, but he did well through some really difficult times. Hopefully he gets back into form again now with the bat.

As for the next captain, I agree with the sentiments that Bavuma must earn his place in the test team first. And even then, I also get the feeling that people think they can copy and paste the rugby template. My vote goes to Quinny, but perhaps they should consider giving the gloves to someone else then? Take some of the load off him.

ODI's and T20's they can make whoever they want captain