Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jip. I feel the same way. Its a pity really, but it is what it is.

Couldn't agree more

https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1220539/big-little-abd

7]AB de Villiers. Just how exasperating is he? Sure, he's one of the best at what he does and all that, but also entitled and arrogant, making the most of his privilege, putting his own interest above everyone else's.

7]No? Okay, apologies then, but he's doing a damn good impression of it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Windies are now building a lead. I am hoping that Chase, Dowrich and Holder can net them a 100 run lead!44b90e41a1ba50694378ef2e34f2b2f3.jpg

Well done Windies

So good to see them be so competitive throughout the match. They thoroughly deserved their win. Let's hope that they keep up their good performances in the remaining two tests!

Well done Windies

Jis, man. World Cricket needs a lekka strong Windies ????

Hope they can sustain this and build consistency in performance

Edited by 'Dale

So good to see them be so competitive throughout the match. They thoroughly deserved their win. Let's hope that they keep up their good performances in the remaining two tests!

and this is despite some terrible umpiring, Jason holder from cover got more decisions right than the two poms who were clearly rusty.

and this is despite some terrible umpiring, Jason holder from cover got more decisions right than the two poms who were clearly rusty.

Was following via Cricinfo and then watching the highlights later on. Have to admit that the umpiring left a lot to be desired especially in the first half of the match. It improved a bit during the latter half but not by much. Hopefully it'll be more up to standard in the next two matches.

That said what's your feelings regarding the respective strengths and weaknesses of each team? I wouldn't be surprised if Buttler makes way for Foakes and Denly will lose out to the returning Root.

West Indies not at full strength due to a couple players (Hetmeyr, Bravo & C Brathwaite) not touring or being unavailable due to injury. But it hasn't seem to have hampered them.

Was following via Cricinfo and then watching the highlights later on. Have to admit that the umpiring left a lot to be desired especially in the first half of the match. It improved a bit during the latter half but not by much. Hopefully it'll be more up to standard in the next two matches.

That said what's your feelings regarding the respective strengths and weaknesses of each team? I wouldn't be surprised if Buttler makes way for Foakes and Denly will lose out to the returning Root.

West Indies not at full strength due to a couple players (Hetmeyr, Bravo & C Brathwaite) not touring or being unavailable due to injury. But it hasn't seem to have hampered them.

I only watched highlights on youtube.

but my gut feeling after seeing england take us to pieces this summer is that none of their players were match ready, and they're far short of where they can and should be.This,might have hindered the WIndies less, as they're used to being totally disorganised!

what would be incredibly disappointing would be to see Stuart Broad come back with a "told you so performance" and rip through the batting. ek blerrie haat daai etter.

I only watched highlights on youtube.

but my gut feeling after seeing england take us to pieces this summer is that none of their players were match ready, and they're far short of where they can and should be.This,might have hindered the WIndies less, as they're used to being totally disorganised!

what would be incredibly disappointing would be to see Stuart Broad come back with a "told you so performance" and rip through the batting. ek blerrie haat daai etter.

Yeah they all did look a bit rusty. The second and third tests will be interesting from that point of view. I just get the feel that aside from shaking off the rustiness and bringing in Root and Foakes there isn't a way to make England stronger. I think the Windies will miss the guys I mentioned in my previous post more as they are all very good cricketers and would strengthen them a fair bit. If the Windies' batsmen can be consistent it'll stand them in good stead and allow them to be competitive more often. I pretty much think that this series will be decided by which batting unit does better as I regard each teams bowling unit to be pretty darn good.

As for Broad, very good cricketer who is a bit of a spoiled brat imho. Not so sure I hate though. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Daai is sterk taal wat jy gebruik het om hom te beskryf!

It used to be anti-corruption, now it is biosecurity as well. A brave new world.

From CricInfo:

Archer was dropped from the England side for the second Test against West Indies after it emerged he had broken his journey between the Ageas Bowl and Emirates Old Trafford by making a brief but unauthorised visit to his home in Brighton.

While Archer insists he was only at home for around an hour, he is understood to have had contact with at least one other individual. As a result, he exposed himself and, as a consequence, potentially everyone else involved in the series to an increased threat of the Covid-19 virus.

Archer is currently in isolation in his hotel room at the ground in Manchester. He will not be allowed any face-to-face contact for five days. He is expected to be reintegrated into the full squad the day after the second Test is scheduled to end. The curtains in his hotel room, looking across the Old Trafford pitch, remained closed on Thursday.

• 2 months later...