Cricket......

E1A104

Sorry! [emoji21][emoji21][emoji21]

I will shut up now.

Too late, there goes Maharaj as well. :)

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

102 to get with only two wickets left. Question seems to be whether Hasan Ali or Shaeen Afridi will take them. :(

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

102 to get with only two wickets left. Question seems to be whether Hasan Ali or Shaeen Afridi will take them. :(

If we fielded better and took our catches we would've won this match. It's a tough pill to swallow but that said we actually played well in patches and were competitive for the most part. A couple superstars in the making in Markram, Mulder, Linde and Sipamla (I know he didn't play in this series but he has potential). Let's hope Mark and Enoch and the rest of the coaching staff can help the players build this in to a special squad.

Only one left to get.

Think it would be fair if Shaeen gets the last one for them both to have 5-for's in the 4th.

hence why I said leave nothing to the tail FFS...

these guys think they really don't need to contribute and play such careless cricket.

maybe its a good thing sandpaper brigade is not coming here after all, another whitewash wouldn't be ideal.

"This is Pakistan's first series win against SA in 16 years"

As big a collapse as you can get.

240/3 after 81 Overs

To

274/10 after 91.4 

:(

Edited by Vetplant

"This is Pakistan's first series win against SA in 16 years"

As big a collapse as you can get.

240/3 after 81 Overs

To

274/10 after 91.4 

:(

YOH

Been busy and just turned to the game and I dont Fu**ing believe it.

We should have won the game at a canter after such a good start

Faf and QDK need a klap behind the ears

Sorry..QDK is like a child.Faf must be replaced 

Edited by Kranswurm

haha, i started typing a moerse reply, but I just thought f... it, its not even worth it anymore...

ai boys...

haha, i started typing a moerse reply, but I just thought f... it, its not even worth it anymore...

ai boys...

keen to hear your views on that **** show

(when you have the krag to type)

ai boys...

Been busy and just turned to the game and I dont Fu**ing believe it.

We should have won the game at a canter after such a good start

Faf and QDK need a klap behind the ears

Sorry..QDK is like a child.Faf must be replaced 

i watched a bit of it today. Of the batsmen, I only think QdK got himself out there. Markram probably could have left his one alone, and in hindsight they should have treated the new ball as opening the innings again. Almost all the wickets were the result of good bowling and movement off the wicket and through the air. day 5 and you're going to get unplayable balls eventually.

BUT, despite being 34/7 this was more of a great bowling spell in tandem and not a Proteas collapse. 

We lost the game here from dropped catches. This would have been 76/6, the lead on 140odd. instead we dropped 4 more that innings and had to chase 370.

Linde to Faheem, no run

Dropped! Thick outside edge missed at slip... Linde should have had another, Elgar was the catcher, but he shelled it moving to his left! Poor effort, almost looked like it hit him on the knee instead

I think Shebeen summed it up pretty nicely. I’ll add a few comments when I’ve had time to think about it clearly. Usually around 2am... ????

keen to hear your views on that **** show

(when you have the krag to type)

i watched a bit of it today. Of the batsmen, I only think QdK got himself out there. Markram probably could have left his one alone, and in hindsight they should have treated the new ball as opening the innings again. Almost all the wickets were the result of good bowling and movement off the wicket and through the air. day 5 and you're going to get unplayable balls eventually.

BUT, despite being 34/7 this was more of a great bowling spell in tandem and not a Proteas collapse. 

We lost the game here from dropped catches. This would have been 76/6, the lead on 140odd. instead we dropped 4 more that innings and had to chase 370.

Linde to Faheem, no run

Dropped! Thick outside edge missed at slip... Linde should have had another, Elgar was the catcher, but he shelled it moving to his left! Poor effort, almost looked like it hit him on the knee instead

Was watching the highlights last night and Haysie quip about the catches was 'not the South African standards.' But ja I feel the same as you regarding the batting today but during our first innings it was a bit of a mixed bag. Hopefully everyone's learned from this tour. 

Personally, and this may be an unpopular opinion, I think that we have improved. Not a lot but not so much that we wouldn't have been able to compete against the Aussies had that tour gone ahead. We might actually be closer to turning the corner than what some of us may think. 

I think Shebeen summed it up pretty nicely. I’ll add a few comments when I’ve had time to think about it clearly. Usually around 2am...

Looking forward to hearing your 2am thoughts!

Linde to Faheem, no run

OK maybe but lets win the game and compliment good batting instead of their good bowling.