Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be interesting to see

It certainly will be. India will want to prove that making the final of the WWT20 wasn't a fluke and our girls will want to continue their good form from that tournament and the successful home series against Pakistan.

It certainly will be. India will want to prove that making the final of the WWT20 wasn't a fluke and our girls will want to continue their good form from that tournament and the successful home series against Pakistan.

I've honestly been enjoying their games more than the Proteas games...

That was a convincing win. What a beautiful partnership between Luus and Bosch

That was a convincing win. What a beautiful partnership between Luus and Bosch

That was hopefully a career defining innings for her.

Great to see the younger players take more responsibility.

That will unlock new performance levels for the Blommetjies.

The first T20I is today. Looking forward to how our ladies go in the shortest format!

They've achieved their highest ranking in ODIs.

Winning away is an interesting phenomenon these days without home crowds adding the extra morale boosting for the home team. From a mental and psychological point of view, it is an added advantage for travelling teams.

A series win in the T20s will boost their rankings big time, especially after their solid top 4 in the World Cup last year.

The men's game however, groot goggas.

Winning away is an interesting phenomenon these days without home crowds adding the extra morale boosting for the home team. From a mental and psychological point of view, it is an added advantage for travelling teams.

A series win in the T20s will boost their rankings big time, especially after their solid top 4 in the World Cup last year.

This was a huge win for them... Nail biting stuff

Wolvaardt showed some serious BMT in the end here

Edited by Latent_Blue

This was a huge win for them... Nail biting stuff

Wolvaardt showed some serious BMT in the end here

Wolfie is a very talented batter and those two fours in the penultimate over went a long way to helping us win. Fantastic stuff from the ladies all tour long. They can very pleased with how well they've done of late.

Wolfie is a very talented batter and those two fours in the penultimate over went a long way to helping us win. Fantastic stuff from the ladies all tour long. They can very pleased with how well they've done of late.

I'm looking forward to see how they perform next year in New Zealand... I believe they will be the team to beat

T20 series win bagged. Very tense finish in which the ladies, more especially Wolfie, showed fantastic composure and clear thinking in getting us over the line. Agree with you that the empty stadiums puts the home team at a disadvantage to a degree but I wonder if this shows how much fan support lifts the team and the individuals within it? As well as to highlight just how hard international and/or top level elite sport actually is compared to how hard we weekend warriors perceive it to be?

Yeah lots and lots of work to be done to get our men's team turned around. Hopefully with the newly appointed captains some of the promising signs we saw this past summer might lead to more than the odd good session or good day and into more consistent good performances with more acceptable results for us fans.

I'm looking forward to see how they perform next year in New Zealand... I believe they will be the team to beat

Yeah really hoping the ladies can keep up their performances. They have been the bright spot in South African cricket for a while now and I would love to see their hard work rewarded with a title or two.

WRT the 4 Day Franchise series the guy I have been most impressed by has been Van Tonder. To my best knowledge it is his full season of elite level domestic cricket and he has done incredibly well. 

Was top of the pops last season too. - https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=13189;type=tournament

Was also the captain and top scorer at the 2018 u19 world cup.

all points to him being a proteas regular not if but when

Thankfully some proper cricket being played in Antigua. the Big Friendly Giant providing some entertainment, along with young Da Silva, steering the Windies into a position of some strength over Sri Lanka with a 50 partnership and a 70 odd run lead as I type this.

I love watching the Windies play. Yes they might not be the force they were when compared to the teams of ± 1975 to 1995, but that's ok, they always seem to have some talent floating about.

And then they have a couple of half decent bowlers providing commentary - one of my all time favorites Sir Curtly Ambrose and his opening partner Courtney Walsh. 924 Test wickets between the 2 of them... just WOW!

post-36629-0-30802900-1616447870_thumb.jpg

...which takes me back to this game back in 1993. as a 14yo laaitie our first team got to skip school to go see this match... boy there were some names in those 2 sides! I remember walking onto the field at the interval and pacing Patrick Patterson's bowling strides... haha... crazy!

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/total-international-series-1992-93-60936/pakistan-vs-west-indies-9th-match-65959/full-scorecard