Cricket......

E1A104

...which takes me back to this game back in 1993. as a 14yo laaitie our first team got to skip school to go see this match... boy there were some names in those 2 sides! I remember walking onto the field at the interval and pacing Patrick Patterson's bowling strides... haha... crazy!

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/total-international-series-1992-93-60936/pakistan-vs-west-indies-9th-match-65959/full-scorecard

I remember this one. 9/26, great last wicket partnership!

there was lots of kids bunking school and our headmaster (who was also 1st team coach) had a helluva time from his staff as he turned a blind eye.

at lunch time assembly i think he was able to announce that it wasn't an issue anymore - game over already

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the good old days hey Shebeen? haha...

our first team coach took us to the game in the team bus haha...

I remember this one. 9/26, great last wicket partnership!

there was lots of kids bunking school and our headmaster (who was also 1st team coach) had a helluva time from his staff as he turned a blind eye.

at lunch time assembly i think he was able to announce that it wasn't an issue anymore - game over already

Edited by gemmerbal

Super Rant on:

What a load of k@k... so England didn't invest millions in their one day cricket to achieve success, it just happened out of the blue because their captain willed it to happen?

wat 'n pot k@k...

I don't understand how people think: CSA is in shambles and their finances are non existent, we keep losing our best players to IPL/overseas contracts, we cant employ the best coaches because of their tan but our captain believes we can emulate the English "resurrection"? oh FFS Bill... just f&cking kill me now...

https://www.news24.com/sport/cricket/proteas/can-proteas-emulate-englands-post-2015-odi-revolution-20210330

Edited by gemmerbal

Aussies talking about spirit of cricket

Saw it live. Quinny shouts as if bowl is going to the other end. He doesn't tell the batsman to stop running and turn around. Zaman should get into his crease!

But yes that game should never have been this close.

If I'm reading that article correctly Q deliberately distracted him, therefore he broke the rule. Am I missing something?

The batsman himself says it wasn’t Quinny’s fault. The Pakistani team didn’t think there was anything wrong.

Spirit of cricket ay?

So it is in the spirit of the game to taunt/distract guys by telling them all sorts of inappropriate things about sleeping with their wives/mothers.

The only taunt that was considered "off-topic" was when McGrath was taunted about his wife who had cancer at the time.... really low bar being set there for sportsmanship...

The Aussies can really go jump in a lake on this.

Surely deception is an integral part of the game. Being nasty and personal to someone shouldn't be.

PS. I am fully aware that had this been Rassie VD Dussen missing out on a double century due to questionable behavior I might have been more on the fence on this. But even in such an instance, the fact remains: the batsman is responsible for his wicket and should have either been aware of where the throw-in was going or have run through the line like a Jonty Rhodes in his prime.

One wonders where the line will drawn on 'deception' & gamesmanship.

Will spin bowlers not be allowed variations and quicks prevented from bowling slow deliveries where they're deemed to deceive!

It's good that there has been a clamp down on unnecessary & nasty sledging and blatant cheating, but the nature of the game and as an entertainment spectacle is not just about bowling the ball, hitting the ball & catching the ball.

a keeper shouting "bowler's end" is VERY FAR from deception. a keeper faking the gathering of a throw-in and breaking the stumps, that is deception. ask MS Dhoni...

this entire thing is a storm in a teacup, and the aussies should shut up completely when it comes to the topic of "spirit of the game". they have lost all moral high ground in this regard. END OF.

Ab so fcuking lutely

a keeper shouting "bowler's end" is VERY FAR from deception. a keeper faking the gathering of a throw-in and breaking the stumps, that is deception. ask MS Dhoni...

this entire thing is a storm in a teacup, and the aussies should shut up completely when it comes to the topic of "spirit of the game". they have lost all moral high ground in this regard. END OF.

So will be interesting to see how deep the squad is and if they can pull off an "upset" in todays 3rd ODI. 

No De Kock, Radaba, Ngidi, Nortje or Miller. That is 5 players who are experienced and playing well at the moment out of the deciding match. One must feel for Bavuma in his 1st ODI series as Captain to lose 5 crucial players ahead of the deciding match of the series.

On another note it's a good chance for the likes of Janneman Malan (who should come in for Quinny) and Kyle Verreynne (For Miller) to show off their International ability again. On the bowling front, we are most likely to see Sipamla in action again and well the other spots are up to the coaching staff I guess with Hendricks, Magala and Dala all possibilities.

So will be interesting to see how deep the squad is and if they can pull off an "upset" in todays 3rd ODI. 

No De Kock, Radaba, Ngidi, Nortje or Miller. That is 5 players who are experienced and playing well at the moment out of the deciding match. One must feel for Bavuma in his 1st ODI series as Captain to lose 5 crucial players ahead of the deciding match of the series.

On another note it's a good chance for the likes of Janneman Malan (who should come in for Quinny) and Kyle Verreynne (For Miller) to show off their International ability again. On the bowling front, we are most likely to see Sipamla in action again and well the other spots are up to the coaching staff I guess with Hendricks, Magala and Dala all possibilities.

Rassie also out due to an injury.