What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

This is just a bragging thread. The Hub has just turned into a bragging forum. If it's not watches or bikes, it's phones and tablets.

Bollocks man, just some folk showing appreciation here for a common passion. Some of these watches are fine pieces of craftsmanship.

Like anything else, there will individuals bragging and like anything else there will be individuals with a chip on the shoulder about it all.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bell and Ross = Awesome (been trying to get my hands on one!)

Today I am wearing my Seiko Velatura Chronograph

When i started this thread i was expecting to see mostly Polar or Garmin watches and i have been surprised by some of the classics on here.

I don't see it as a bragging thread at all.If you want a bragging thread then someone needs to start.....What car are you driving thread?.

I choose to drive a small car,i don't smoke and i save to buy my watches.

That Bell & Ross, tell me more? Looks a very unique time piece! :)

It is ;)

It's a military spec watch made for aviators.Has a Swiss Automatic movement.It was first made in about 2005.

I wonder if anyone on the Hub has a Ikepod?

That Bell & Ross, tell me more? Looks a very unique time piece! :)

Wikipedia knows more than I do...

Bell & Ross is a French watch company headed by the French and Swiss designers Bruno Belamich and Carlos A. Rosillo. The brand was launched in 1992, and the first watches were designed by Belamich and Rosillo and made by a German watchmaker, Sinn.[1]

Watches such as the BR Instrument have been designed to replicate the shape of a cockpit instrument taken from an aircraft. The BR02 range caters for diving professionals through the use of highly legible dials and cases water resistant to withstand 1000 metres of pressure. Another offering is the Hydromax; which contains hydraulic fluid within the case to counteract the effects of external pressures.

Bell & Ross's first watches were virtual re-issues of Sinn models and carried the Bell & Ross logo as well as Sinn's. The partnership ended in 2002, when Bell & Ross began its own independent production in their facilities La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland.[1]

The aesthetic appeal of Bell & Ross is mirrored in their four design principles, namely optimal water resistance, highly accurate Swiss mechanical movements, clear visual indicators, such as those found on aircraft instrument panels, and special functions intended for specific uses. They also have a quartz line with the identical characteristics (except for the type of movement utilized) called the BR S that utilizes the highly regarded ETA 980.163 15 jewel quartz movement.

Wearing a decent watch shows a touch of class/style so go ahead and reach for your cellphone in your pocket just to tell the time :rolleyes:

What a load of bollocks :lol: Just means you have a nice watch dry.gif

When is "decent" not expensive? What makes something "expensive". Is a plastic Xonix watch decent?

This makes something "expensive"!

Frank Muller Aerternitas Mega 4 - the most complicated wristwatch ever made

36 complications, including 1000 year perpetual secular calender, moon phase, leap year to 400 years, 2nd and 3rd time zones, equation of time, minute repeater, power reserve, flyback chrono, and tourbillon to name a few.

1483 components and not 1 of them electronic, no fancy diamonds to bump up the price, just pure mechanical genius that takes 5 years to make

Do I want want one? Hell yeah! Been in lust with it for some years now. But at a retail price of 2.7million...United States dollars!...not even a lotto win is gonna help me much.

PS. Xonix will likely will tell the time more accurately, so if that fulfills your requirements, then sure it's decent.

post-20033-0-29060900-1322037050.jpeg

Edited by No Muppets!

This makes something "expensive"!

Frank Muller Aerternitas Mega 4 - the most complicate wristwatch ever made

Liberace's watch?

Bell and Ross = Awesome (been trying to get my hands on one!)

A friend of mine has the B&R Hydromax and a battery change cost him 500Euros.

I like the Seiko range of Automatics.Plane no fuss watches.

Do I want want one? Hell yeah! Been in lust with it for some years now. But at a retail price of 2.7million...United States dollars!...not even a lotto win is gonna help me much.

PS. Xonix will likely will tell the time more accurately, so if that fulfills your requirements, then sure it's decent.

you should have stopped lusting the minute you saw the price tag.

It is ;)

It's a military spec watch made for aviators.Has a Swiss Automatic movement.It was first made in about 2005.

I wonder if anyone on the Hub has a Ikepod?

Nice man, like the design on it.

Often go past the Rosebank Market to check out the antique stuff, especially cameras and watches.

Shot StevieL ... this caught my attention "Another offering is the Hydromax; which contains hydraulic fluid within the case to counteract the effects of external pressures."

Sure I'd never have cause for that, but damn do I like the idea wearing that :lol:

Edited by danger dassie

Nice man, like the design on it.

Often go past the Rosebank Market to check out the antique stuff, especially cameras and watches.

Get that Fuji X-100 ;)