Bike Wash

Jeepdude

bike wash  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wash your bike yourself

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Do you take your bike to shop for a wash?

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. Do you support bike washes at races?

• yes
    • no

That would be my fault, the 750ml sprayers when we first launched the product came out with a Label saying the number 1 degreaser. Before I realised "Degreaser" is a swear word. In actual fact Powasol is a soil dissolving agent NOT a DEGREASER. it contains NO caustic, Petroleums, etc We are 100% enviromentally friendly and safe to use for all applications. Try it on your car, you`ll be shocked!!

Where can I purchase your product?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best I have found is to spray Powasol on the bike straight after a muddy ride, before the mud dries. Leave for a few minutes and spray off with Garden hose... looks cleaner than before the ride! Waiting to test out some of the other Powasol / multitergent products, but only heard good things!

That would be my fault, the 750ml sprayers when we first launched the product came out with a Label saying the number 1 degreaser. Before I realised "Degreaser" is a swear word. In actual fact Powasol is a soil dissolving agent NOT a DEGREASER. it contains NO caustic, Petroleums, etc We are 100% enviromentally friendly and safe to use for all applications. Try it on your car, you`ll be shocked!!

Good to know :)

Where can I purchase your product?

Any cycle shop, we also make the Cycle Lab and Sportsmens Warehouse brands. Feel free to email me your wareabouts and I can put you in contact with your closest stockest. klint@multitergent.co.za also follow me on Twitter @powasol or "Like" the Powasol Page on FB. Plenty of happenings there. Thanks for the enquiry.

Any cycle shop, we also make the Cycle Lab and Sportsmens Warehouse brands. Feel free to email me your wareabouts and I can put you in contact with your closest stockest. klint@multitergent.co.za also follow me on Twitter @powasol or "Like" the Powasol Page on FB. Plenty of happenings there. Thanks for the enquiry.

@CapePowasol for the western cape.. see they are into motorbike washes too

Try spraying your chain with mr Min. And wipe clean. Always did the scrubbing thing myself but this is way easier.

I use wet wipes. Bonus is a nice smelling bike after.

Jeepdude this Poll has created some very interesting reading, I would love to meet you some day. We`ve had an influx of emails from people that have read this Poll and are asking where can they find our products. Well I cannot believe the interest, thanks guys and girls. The distributor for the Gauteng was announced last week (Ballistic Bike Trading) the Cape is our other branch. We manufacture all our products in Pinetown, the range is about 15 odd products now. Bike Wash, Polish, Lubes, Greases, Helmet Sanitisers, Chamois Cream, Aerosols etc. One stop product!!

My advice to you without slating other products is be aware of the good and bad. Check your pricing, a retail product is not really designed for Bike washing or polishing, look for tale tale signs like streaking, white residue after washing, sticky frames after spraying aerosol products designed for furniture, skin irritation (dry skin, itchy skin), if your products have any of these side effects STOP USING THEM!! They are for general cleaning not R 50K bicycle cleaning, stick with the best and have the peace of mind you need. Good Luck see you at Sabie Experience, our Powasol Washbay will be fully equiped!!

1 more thing, Fragerence Wipes are for babies bottoms!! Not bicycles.

Edited by Klint Powasol

Jeepdude this Poll has created some very interesting reading, I would love to meet you some day. We`ve had an influx of emails from people that have read this Poll and are asking where can they find our products. Well I cannot believe the interest, thanks guys and girls. The distributor for the Gauteng was announced last week (Ballistic Bike Trading) the Cape is our other branch. We manufacture all our products in Pinetown, the range is about 15 odd products now. Bike Wash, Polish, Lubes, Greases, Helmet Sanitisers, Chamois Cream, Aerosols etc. One stop product!!

My advice to you without slating other products is be aware of the good and bad. Check your pricing, a retail product is not really designed for Bike washing or polishing, look for tale tale signs like streaking, white residue after washing, sticky frames after spraying aerosol products designed for furniture, skin irritation (dry skin, itchy skin), if your products have any of these side effects STOP USING THEM!! They are for general cleaning not R 50K bicycle cleaning, stick with the best and have the peace of mind you need. Good Luck see you at Sabie Experience, our Powasol Washbay will be fully equiped!!

1 more thing, Fragerence Wipes are for babies bottoms!! Not bicycles.

how environmentally friendly is your product ? biodegradable ?

also, do you need to brush anything ?

Hay Guys and girls, I`m very excited to see how many of you are using our Proudly SA products. One thing we must understand is Bike washing shouldnt be an art, it should be quick and painless. I have a few suggestions without creating a storm.

Wash your bike with Powasol (Dilute the product 3 : 1 with Water) Depending on how dirty obviously.

Wipe your bike dry with a Chamois (Powasol brand or which ever)

Apply the Powasol Liqui Polish, its a non silicone based polish. Spray on and leave to dry then wipe off the excess.

You can use B.L.C to clean you brake linings and discs.

Multilube for the hanger etc

Silicone spray before a muddy ride, stops mud from collecting on the frame etc

Guys thanks for the comments and we wish you all the best for the festive season.

Thanks Klint got my Power Bucket today :)

how environmentally friendly is your product ? biodegradable ?

also, do you need to brush anything ?

Howzit, 100% bio degradable, Sulphate free, caustic free, petroleum free. All raw materials used are Euro accreditted and SABS approved. Without being a "chop" we are probably the safest product around and the best priced at the same time. My suggestion to you is try some. Spray it on wait a moment and hose it off. You may need to wipe a little bit of residue depending on soil quality. You`ll be pleasantly suprised. The Teams we sponsor have all renued there sponsorships for 2012. Team Jeep, Team Bonitas, Team RE:CM, Team Comsol KTM, Team FeverX and many individuals like Jade Gutzeit and Marc Torlage etc

Give us feedback once you`ve tried it.

Klint, you have a captive audience here.

Can we not buy direct from you?

Maybe a link to suppliers\?