Coronation Double Century - 26 November

CycleTourWebbie

Thanks, yes, I have 1985m for DC to be precise. Argus is just over 1000m as I remember.

DC was harder than I thought it would be this year. I think the spring season has knackered me so I am taking some time off to ride my office chair for a week or two :P

Chris did well with the UCT guys and I hear Nev has given him a ride with his team at the Burger thumbup1.gif

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, yes, I have 1985m for DC to be precise. Argus is just over 1000m as I remember.

DC was harder than I thought it would be this year. I think the spring season has knackered me so I am taking some time off to ride my office chair for a week or two :P

Chris did well with the UCT guys and I hear Nev has given him a ride with his team at the Burger thumbup1.gif

Chris was a bit whacked but he gets stronger by the day.

He is thrilled about Burger.Holding thumbs

My race report is here, although to be fair it's a race report for 150kms, and then turned into an obituary for the last 50kms...

My race report is here, although to be fair it's a race report for 150kms, and then turned into an obituary for the last 50kms...

Ha ha, thanks, that was a good laugh, much like your W2W Red John report. Andy is always in such a hurry and I see he left his girly crank at home for DC tongue.gif

Ha ha, thanks, that was a good laugh, much like your W2W Red John report. Andy is always in such a hurry and I see he left his girly crank at home for DC tongue.gif

Would the girly crank have slowed him down at all? In comparison, my whole bike setup felt like a girly bike setup...

Does anyone know when the results will be finalised/announced? Are there so many appeals to be adjudicated on?

Does anyone know when the results will be finalised/announced? Are there so many appeals to be adjudicated on?

As far as I am concerned they are up n Racetec

haha a good read, thanks for sharing

Would the girly crank have slowed him down at all? In comparison, my whole bike setup felt like a girly bike setup...

No, it does not slow him down, on the contrary, but at least provides some light relief before and after.

On a side note:

I met a team along the way who seemed to be made up of 6 rich guys, who paid another 6 strong guys R1000 each, to ride with them, push them up the hills, do all the work, etc.

I had a laugh :lol:

On a side note:

I met a team along the way who seemed to be made up of 6 rich guys, who paid another 6 strong guys R1000 each, to ride with them, push them up the hills, do all the work, etc.

I had a laugh :lol:

What is so funny about that? That is how the DC is won every year. Only it costs a lot more than R6000 to get proper strong guys :P

What is so funny about that? That is how the DC is won every year. Only it costs a lot more than R6000 to get proper strong guys :P

Not only that, you have to provide an accomodation for them and also their flights. It will probably cost close to R20000 to bring them in and support you.

Maybe next year, if I win lotto!, I'll get 11 pros and make sure they don't drop me and also help put me on hills. We might do sub 5hrs race!

The only problem is that someone will always complain like every year in the past....

Not only that, you have to provide an accomodation for them and also their flights. It will probably cost close to R20000 to bring them in and support you.

Maybe next year, if I win lotto!, I'll get 11 pros and make sure they don't drop me and also help put me on hills. We might do sub 5hrs race!

The only problem is that someone will always complain like every year in the past....

Sounds like a plan! 6 guys to pace and 4 to push me, plus one with a copy of the rules taped to his bars - make sure we do it by the letter and nobody protests our new course record.

Sounds like a plan! 6 guys to pace and 4 to push me, plus one with a copy of the rules taped to his bars - make sure we do it by the letter and nobody protests our new course record.

i'm in, i accept payment in jube jubes!