Endomondo, amazing app!!

Soggy

Nokia is most probably more accurate due to the use of the phone's aGPS functionality...

Only phones with built in GPS work with Endomondo.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, +- 2mb for 4 hour rides with the android version, much less with the symbian (nokia) version.

Nice! That's a lot better.

Nokia is most probably more accurate due to the use of the phone's aGPS functionality...

Doubt its more accurate than say a Samsung Galaxy with GPS and aGPS.... :-P

I tried to download the app last night, but my Sony Ericsson Vivaz was having none of it. It would not let me select a phone model and would not go any further beacuse of this

I tried to download the app last night, but my Sony Ericsson Vivaz was having none of it. It would not let me select a phone model and would not go any further beacuse of this

Go to www.endomondo.com . You'll have the option there to select phone make and model. A sms will be send to your phone with the download link for your specific phone.

Go to www.endomondo.com . You'll have the option there to select phone make and model. A sms will be send to your phone with the download link for your specific phone.

it still wont let me select a Sony Ericsson phone model, Can I do it via the operating system route, but not sure what operating system exists on a Sony Ericsson Vivaz, it is showing me some options, it shows logos for a robot, apple, Blackberry a windows emblem, Nokia emblem, windows mobile and then a coffee cup. Obviously its not Apple, Blackberry or Nokia.

Its tells me via the Sony Ericsson website that it uses Symbian operating system

Edited by Caerus

I have a BlackBerry Curve 9300 and it works great! Love that you get all the stats as a summary! You can even send out challenges to your friends! Had one here with the guys at the office.... nothing like a good office rivalry!! :D

I would like to know about the HRM that you apparently can use with this.

I used it yesterday but the data on the app and the data on my spedomoter were totally differnt. Endo says I only did 14km where the spedomoter says 28km aslo my maps shows I'm in Europe?

I used it yesterday but the data on the app and the data on my spedomoter were totally differnt. Endo says I only did 14km where the spedomoter says 28km aslo my maps shows I'm in Europe?

There are no settings for time on the app, well from what I see on my Nokia 5230. Check the time zone on your phone, maybe its using that setting. Im not sure about the distance error, that is strange. What phone are you using it on?

Discovered Endomondo a few months back, it is great & you can upload workouts from your Garmin Forerunner as well. I use Garminconnect for my own reference, but the social networking part of endomondo makes it a great app.

It's a great motivator if you take part in challenges and find yourself in the top 5 with only a few days to go until the end of the challenge. That's when you try to step it up in the hope that you can go one better than your mates.

There are no settings for time on the app, well from what I see on my Nokia 5230. Check the time zone on your phone, maybe its using that setting. Im not sure about the distance error, that is strange. What phone are you using it on?

My phone is set on Pretoria/Harrare, its a Sonyerricson Satio. When I finished the ride and took out my phone it asked if it could connect to the net, I dont know when during the ride this popped up because before I started I gave it permission to access the net. is there some setting that you can set that it connects by itself?

http://www.endomondo.com/home I dont know if you can check my stufff out on my home page. The map here seems to be correct.

It chows the battery. Doubt it ill make the 200kms.

Disclaimer: This does depend on what phone you use it on, i guess!

It does. Been using Endomondo for nearly a year now.

My BB 3G nearly made it through a 300 km Audax!

Switched over to a Motorola MB525 and only tested it to about 5 hrs (2 rides).