SSWC SA 2012

divernick

Glad to see the dassie made it home. wasn't looking good this morning...

Might have had something to do with the scissor kick to the head on the dance floor and mysterious aches and pains ..... What a weekend, a 'daisy' de Melker weekend!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might have had something to do with the scissor kick to the head on the dance floor and mysterious aches and pains ..... What a weekend, a 'daisy' de Melker weekend!

That too, but...

I was talking about your promised ride(s) home... It sounded like they retired hurt or forgot about you through alcohol induced memory loss.

Well seeing as I stood no chance of getting the real deal I accidently got my own SSWC tattoo... http://1.1.1.1/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/eek.gif

post-4555-0-58774100-1349033395_thumb.jpg

That's classic!

That too, but...

I was talking about your promised ride(s) home... It sounded like they retired hurt or forgot about you through alcohol induced memory loss.

:D was all good ... just much slowness

Looked like a gas guys....well done to all, incl organizers. Hearing some of the stories from jcmeyerSS(he has the best hillbilly handfishin tan I have ever seen) yesterday made me super jealous.

What a great weekend. Thanks to Grant Usher and crew and the Winterton farmers, and especially farmer Gary. The single track was great. Great meeting all the Gateng SSers, and a few CT riders.

This farmer needs to make a few plans to get to Italy, maybe....

LOL

Reading some of the comments here I see some still have not grasped the concept.

Top 10 this top 20 that.

My take on the weekend.

You enter to do the event.

You (read myself) know you won't take first place, especially not with Burry there.

So you pitch up and integrate yourself with the atmosphere.

Get lekker snot dronk on Friday evening.

Wake up Saturday, grab a chow and dress like a clown.

get in a holding pen and jigga right, jigga more right and look back and see almost everyone has gone to the other end of the field.

Jigga more right and try and get past all the riders.

Realise it's fruitless and after many jigga rights, you phuza a beer.

Look around and realise that suddenly you are 4th. with everyone else.

Klap the beer and see double track and little rocks look like boulders.

At this stage you make peace with all and sundry and enjoy the ride.

Jigga more right.....go up and up.......and up,up up and find a table, phuza a beer, grab a purple medal check the view and do the descent.

Jigga more right, have some titties flashed and grab a beer and a bunny at the finish, and still end up 4th. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Then go and party, feel very cold and suip yourself warm, go wigger and wlappie and watch people get kicked in the head.

Jump in a mosh pit and go more wigger.

Wake up ,chow eggs ,bacon and porridge and head back home.

Man - what a jol.

I only had half the real SSWC experience cos I wasn't staying at the race village but from what I saw it was down, dirty and real :-)

Wicked meeting up with the Gauteng SS massif as well as meeting a few more.

The pristine track - awesome rolling, twisty, fun single track with none of the "shyte I lost a few seconds due to a bad line so I might not get that top 10 I wanted" pressure.

Beer. It rocks. Nuff said.

The costumes. Ah it was silly.

The streakers. Bwahahahahaha. Nappy boy rocked.

The fly over was awesome!

The tug'o'war and Qubeka bicycle beer down down race.

Chilling with like minded people with nary an ego in sight.

Burry getting tatted - some might say he was sullying a niche event with his pro hustler fitness but my take was that he proved he was "one of us normal people" and big ups for getting inked.

Italy 2013 huh? Sounds good to me!

Did anyone else feel stronger after each beer.

BS assisde, I honestly felt I had more energy after each beer.

Considering testing BEER vs GU as a energy supply.

In theory, it is a good carb supply, is it not?

Edited by Giant

What a great event. Only problem, what the hell are we going to look forward to now? We need an event like this EVERY year!!

Got some new respect for Burry this weekend. Not just a great bike rider, but a really humble young man. Well done Burry!!