Cyclist Killed

Mojoman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, know that road, but I myself is very apprehensive about training there. Did it only once. It looks like an awsome road to train since that road don't attract that much traffic. It is just the type of traffic that it attracts. Motorists often speed quite heavily on that road. Once saw a VW Polo GTi doing some low flying there. Must have been at least 180km/h. The road is open and straight.

I dont know what happened there, so will be careful about jumping to conclusions and assigning blame.

But I must agree with Garfield 2010 - the amount of damage to the car indicates excessive speed (In my non expert opinion)

That stretch of road has a limit of 100km/h ... I'm not defending the driver, just stating facts and its about 2km straight. Very popular with our midnight street racers.

the amount of damage to the car indicates excessive speed (In my non expert opinion)

Yeah, in mine too. That car looks like it was hauling when it impacted.

I posted below on my FB site, which will go to 12000 people at least, because I am so bloody angry with this stuff, even today i was nearly taken out by an idiot taxi in the south.

Another cyclist killed today, condolences to his family, this is very tragic. To all motorists out there, IF

- You BBM and drive you are a possible murderer

- SMS and drive you are a possible murderer

- Speak without a hand free you are a possible murderer

- Put makeup on while driving you are a possible murderer

there is NOT one EXCUSE in this world to justify the above, if I see you expect a flying water bottle through your windscreen.

I copied and pasted this into my status as well.

.....if I see you expect a flying water bottle through your windscreen.

And if that water bottle that you throw causes a fatal accident, I assume you will then also be a murderer! :(

And if that water bottle that you throw causes a fatal accident, I assume you will then also be a murderer! :(

I would have taken one more murderer off the road and made our lives a little safer, one at a time one at a time :-) LOL

I would have taken one more murderer off the road and made our lives a little safer, one at a time one at a time :-) LOL

If I was you I'd add a full stop after this part : "there is NOT one EXCUSE in this world to justify the above." that way you keep the high ground and avoid the inevitable debate with non-cycling motorists about the rights and wrongs of cyclists and their aggressive attitudes, disregarding traffic lightc etc etc etc etc bla bla bla...

If I was you I'd add a full stop after this part : "there is NOT one EXCUSE in this world to justify the above." that way you keep the high ground and avoid the inevitable debate with non-cycling motorists about the rights and wrongs of cyclists and their aggressive attitudes, disregarding traffic lightc etc etc etc etc bla bla bla...

Actually I witnessed a cyclist throwing a waterbottle at a taxi once for coming down the wrong side of the road and nearly knocking us all out, I have to admit it was a bloody amazing site :-), sorry it felt good to see, he was fine he will never do it again that's for sure.

When I am running though, I am knicknamed the car slapper, if you sms and swerve towards me expect a slap car, or a missing side mirror, its happened many times where even approaching on coming traffic i suddenly see someone swerving towards me because their head is in their laps. Its not just about cyclists, its runners to, pedestrians etc. The last thing I would ever want would be for my children to fall victim to these idiots, I am a driver as well, it seems that people have become very arrogant on the roads these days and even more aggressive.

I came across the scene this morning on my commute to work.

Very sad indeed.

Driver must have been blinded by the sun, but still the speed at which she was traveling must have been insane!